[5]

Author's POV:

It's been a week since Farkle had the conversation with Lucas in the toilets, from then on, he was ignoring his bestfriend.

He would ask his teachers to swap his partner, because Riley was normally his, if he was allowed to or he would just not talk to her.

He wouldn't talk to Maya either, only Lucas really. He would always stay away from their lunch table and just eat in the toilets or on the rooftop.

And when he finished, he go straight to class and just sleep - sometimes Riley would come to talk to him, but he would just pretend he's sleeping.

It broke his heart doing this, but distancing away from her may be the only solution for moving on from her.

Farkle's POV:

"Farkle!" I hear Riley shout but I just keep on walking through the hallways, it was afterschool and everyone was at football match, "Farkle!"

I kept on walking.

Ignore her Farkle.

She doesn't deserve your tears.

She's nothing to you.

"Farkle!" She shouts once again, move away Farkle.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps moving faster and a hand was holding my shoulder - slowly turning me around and facing the most beautiful person.

"Riley..." The name, slowly and quietly coming out of my mouth. Her face was in a worried facial expression, her hair was a little messed up but it still looked good on her.

Ignore her.

I try to walk away from her, but she grabs my shoulder.

"What is your problem?" She says to me and I look away from her. "I need to go," I say quite rushed.

She grabs my hand and turning me around before saying again, "Why are you like this Farkle?"

I sigh, I didn't meet her eyes, it would have distracted me but I need to move on. Riley didn't know about this crush, this one sided more like.

"Riley, I need to go." I say in a hushed voice, and she just scoffs.

"Farkle Minkus, are you seriously doing this?" She shouts at me, she lets go of me.

"Why are you ignoring me? Why are you staying away? Why have you changed your partners? Why won't you hang out with us?" She questions me, her voice seemed like it was going to break.

She was going to cry, I wanted to help her but I need to move on. And being her friend won't help it.

"Look, Riley, just stay away from me." I tell her in an angry tone, it was the only way to let her go.

"If it's your parents, then just at least let me—" I cut her off before saying, "No!"

"Then what Farkle! What your fucking problem!" She shouts at me and I get surprised at the sudden cursing, but I let it go. I look away from once again and I can feel her coming near to me.

"Farkle, look into my eyes and tell me, what's your problem." She asks and I begged for the skies to just stop making me feel this way. I hoped that this last word would stop this feeling I've been feeling.

You have to move on.

She has him.

It's for the best.

Your nothing to her.

She's nothing to you.

She's a life ruiner.

I look straight into her eyes, her chocolate sparkling eyes that were tearing up, before saying firmly, "You," and a tear let her left eye.

There was no emotion in my face, that was what I tried to accomplish.

I hear a sudden sob near me, arms hugs me around my waist and I look infront me to see Riley Matthews hugging me and crying.

For all of the times she cries, this one broke my heart the most. The most because it was my fault.

"Let go of me, Riley," I say in husky voice, trying to get her off of me but she stayed hugging me.

"Farkle, please stay with me, don't leave me." She cries and I once again tried to get her off but she wouldn't.

She lets go and suddenly starts banging her fists against my chest and cries, "Farkle Minkus, come back, come back."

I caught her hands and let her go off of me before walking away.

"Never...." I reply in a hushed voice.