"What did you find?" I asked Mr. Gill as soon as I spotted him, wanting to find out what had actually happened to my Nov.

"I'm sorry, Blaze, I can't tell you, it's between us and the immediate family but I can sure tell you that what we found is huge and we can figure out what happened to Alaska."

He gave me a slight smile and walked towards the doctor, discussing something with him.

"Should I ask Meg or wait? Is it too early?" I turned to Liam and asked him.

"Go for it, man." He said and nodded to himself.

I walked out, taking fast steps towards the exit. I stood in front of the elevator and tapped my foot. This damn thing was taking too long. I sprinted towards the stairs and took two at a time, not being able to slow down or wait.

I don't know why I was in such a hurry but I sure as hell didn't want to slow down.

I fast walked in the parking lot, getting funny looks from the people but I didn't care to the slightest. I wanted to know what had they found out. I could finally get some answers that had kept me up at night, thinking.

I got into my car but I didn't go over the speed limit. I could wait for a few minutes but I could not afford to get into an accident or something like that.

I drove for minutes until I reached my destination and parked my car into the driveway. I got out and jogged to the door, ringing the doorbell. I tapped my feet, and it was as if I couldn't stay still.

Meg opened the door with a tear stricken face and without thinking, I immediately hugged her. She must have been going through so much, her daughter was in the I.C.U. and now, she must have a slightest idea of what had happened to her daughter and who had done it.

We were a step closer to finding out who had done it.

I released her and we walked in, my hand over her shoulder, pulling her in. For fuck's sake, she was like my mom and I couldn't bear seeing her sad. She had a major impact on my life, she was there when mum passed away and treated me like her own son.

Mr. White and Kyle were already sitting on the couch and Nolan looked terrible with his hair disheveled and his hands on his face.

"So, what did the police find?" I asked cautiously, not wanting any outburst.

"They came around a few hours earlier and searched for evidence in Al's room." Nolan began, his voice slightly rough with unshed tears.

"Her bedsheets were still bloody as Meg didn't want to change them. As the police said, it was 'evidence'. They found a bracelet right besides her pillow but it wasn't Al's. They think it is important. That was fully bloody too." He gulped and Kyle came and curled up besides me. I gave him a small smile and hugged him closer to me.

"They also found a blade and a cloth with huge amount of chloroform in it, under the bed. They say whoever attacked Al isn't the brightest bulb in the room, he or she is very careless and they don't give a shit if they are found."

Maybe they want to be found?

I let the information sink in. They found a bracelet along with a sharp blade and a cloth with chloroform in heavy dosage. Why did they do it? Do they have a good reason?

Sure, Nov could come across are rude and mean but she was sarcastic as hell and didn't mean any harm.

She was very sweet and I don't think she could harm someone even if she wanted to. She was too innocent in that sense.

I nodded my head after a while, hugging Kyle a little closer. I looked up at the parents and said, "It will be okay. Nov will be okay. We don't need to worry, she's strong. Yeah, she'll make it." I muttered the last part, trying to convince myself. Kyle heard that part and snuggled into my and in a matter of seconds, I could feel my chest getting wet and Kyle's sobs eco he'd around.

I tilted my head towards the ceiling, trying hard not to cry, blinking back the tears. About half an hour later, Kyle had fallen asleep and I wiped away a few betraying tears from my eyes.

I got up, making as little movement as possible and placed a pillow under Kyle's head. I walked into his room and fetched a blanket and walked back to where he was sleeping. I covered him up and placed a kiss on his forehead.

Cranking my neck, I turned around and freaked out for a second when I saw Meg standing in the doorway. I took a breath to calm myself and my fast beating heart.

She tried to smile but it came out as a grimace and said, "It's good to see you caring for him." She said, her voice wavering.

Everyone was sad lately.

"I love him." I shrugged.

She nodded and it was quiet for a minute.

"Both of you get some rest, I'm going to visit Nov." I said and she nodded. I gave her a tight, warm hug and exited the house, shutting it from outside. I texted Noah that I was picking him up in a few and for him to be ready. I needed to talk to him and get things off my chest.

I walked back to my car and drove to Noah's place. I beeped the horn twice when I was outside and he came rushing out just as I had texted him. We drove to the hospital in complete silence, drowning in our thoughts, not uttering a single word. We didn't need words to converse, we were connected. We were best friends and that's just how we were.

I parked in the parking space and got out, locking the doors behind me. Even looking at the car made me miss Nov. She had become my everything.

We walked to Nov's room, still in silence. I went sat besides her and Noah sat across me.

I kept staring at Nov, rubbing her head slightly, just as she loved. She didn't even twitch a muscle and I bet my face fell. I held her hand and ran my thumb over her knuckles.

I was fully alert and took care that I didn't squeeze her hands too tightly or screw up the wires. I looked at her face and felt as if I was home.

I really love her.

"I know." Noah said out of the blue.

"Huh?" I asked. Had no idea what he was talking about.

"I know you love her." He said.

"Oh." I had said that out loud.

"But, I really do, love her. I can see it, six years from now, waking up next to her. Seeing her face, the first thing in the morning. Seeing the person I love the most in the morning. I can picture me marrying her and we starting a family. Buying our first home together and moving in. Taking our kids out every weekend or simply buying two dogs because lets face it, she loves dogs."

Noah had a soft smile on his face all the time.

"I really want to take her to a 5 Seconds of Summer's concert, she's so fucking obsessed with them. But really, to be honest, they have good music."

"Yeah man, I want to go to their concert too. She's made all of us obsessed." We laughed.

"I am home when I'm with her." I looked at her and smiled, held her hand higher and kissed her on the cheek. "I'm really glad for you." Noah said.

"Yeah, me too. I'm glad she finally opened my eyes and kissed me that day." I smiled at the memory.

"I'm never going to let her go." I said and held her hand tighter than ever, as if she was going to disappear any moment.

____________________

Position: #28 in Teen Fiction :(

I'm so sorry for the late delay :( I'm really busy and I love it here. ALSO, I'M GOING TO SEE FUCKING PENGUINS, KOALAS, PANDAS AND SO MANY CUTE ANIMALS TOMORROW, OMG. I'M SO EXCITED.

All the love,
Pia xx

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW