The Preparation

Beginne am Anfang

And as if on cue her face changed to confusion.

"Wha-" She began confused.

"I'll see you later babygirl." I said before pulling her into a tight embrace. I leaned down and kissed her cheek, knowing she probably was gonna blow up my phone asking questions .

I looked up and saw Ms. Evans looking at us with a hidden smile and Hayley beaming at Zaria.

'It was nice meeting you. " I said to them, shaking Ms. Evans hands.

She looked like she was about to explode from happiness. I can already tell they gone question Zaria when I leave.

"You too." Ms. Evans said smiling.

'Bye Dewayne ." Hayley called out while heading towards the back.

'Wait Dewayne where are we going?" She asked finally.

I smirked, "Bye."

I played like I was walking out she smacked her lips tryna catch up to me, "I'm so serious man stop playing " she said pouting .

I pinched her cheeks not able to hold in my laugh . "You'll be alright . Some of best things in life are best left unexplained." I said chuckling before walking away .

I think she expected to stop walking and turn around and explain stuff to her . I walked out the building knowing that Zaria would probably be blowing up my phone later .

But it's cool I'm looking forward to it . Damn bro I like this girl way too much ...

Zaria's Pov

I know this nigga did not leave me here with these crazy ass people. -__- I know for a fact Hayley is going to interrogate me . That's exactly why I didn't want her to be anywhere around when Dewayne insisted on dropping me off. I smiled awkwardly and spoke .

"Heeey guys, so yea, I'm just um head up to my office . " I said awkwardly..while inching towards the hallway. The sooner I head up to the elevator the better.

"Not so fast. " Ms. Evans said calming, with a playful look in her eyes. "So that's your 'friend' huh? "

"Best friend , apparently ." Hayley added in quickly , cheesing hard as hell.

I really can't stand her right now. "Yes. " I said simply.

"For 'best friends' y'all surely seem like something way more than that. " Ms. Evans said evenly., "But I'm just going to put this out there. I hope you know that out of us, him and all the of the individuals that have seen y'all together , you are the only one who actually believes y'all are just best friends. "

I smacked my lips, "Come on guys. "

"We all see it especially how he just was around you. He likes you a lot, and the sooner you embrace that fact the better. " Ms. Evan replied.

"But it's more than that Zaria , " Hayley began thoughtfully, "You make an amazing couple. And I am quite sure you like him too, just based on how nervous you get around him. -

"I'm going to bet that probably is the same young man that your sometimes on the phone with during hours, isn't it?"

Wait a minute how did..-

"I know everything hun. That's my job as boss." Ms. Evans said nonchalantly .

Well okay.

"Guys we are just cool. It's not happening ." I said brushing them off.

"Girrrrrll please, I bet that's your future husband you are standing in the way of y'all's happiness. That and this low self-esteem that w have to work on." Hayley said beaming at me.