Chapter 35

*Brai POV*

So after hearing the news, we decided to leave the mall.

On our way out we spotted a baby clothing store. I convinced Bre to come in and look around for clothes since she did decide to keep the baby.

I just wanted to lift her spirits a little bit.

We looked around a little bit and decided to be proactive. We made a list of things the little one would definitely need, boy or girl.

After looking around we were both pretty tired and decided to leave.

While walking to the car I heard Bre say "I think it could be his. "

Trying to figure out what she was talking about I scrunched my face up.

I turned around and seen a dude with dreads walking from his car to the mall...with Asia.

I put two and two together and figured out she was talking about my niece or nephew.

"What is he doing with Asia? " I said to myself out loud.

"You know her?" Bre asked unlocking the door.

"Yea...she's Princeton's baby mama." I said as we both got in the car.

"How did you meet up with him?" I asked Bre.

"Well, while I was working at the club he used to come in all the time. Long story short, I used to leave with him a lot. Barely any protection was used." She said.

"What's his name? " I asked.

"Savian" she replied.

"He was really sweet to me, even though I was doing what I was doing he still made me feel special." She said pulling out of the parking lot.

"So is there a good possibility that he is the father? " I asked.

"Yea, but there are other possibilities too." She sighed.

"Oh..." I said looking out the window.

It got quiet.

The only noise was the sound of the engine and low murmurs from the radio.

I heard sniffle.

I looked over at Bre and she was wiping her face.

"What's wrong boo? " I asked as we drove down the street.

She shook her head.

"This whole situation." She replied.

"I fucked up big time. " She said.

"I'm tired of trying to match up dates to dudes trying to figure out who I slept with on what day. I don't even know how to get in contact with most of them. They were one night stands. I want my child to know it's father. But at this rate, It seems like I won't even be able to. I'm just going to stop trying. I just want to start over. " Bre said.

"I know this may be hard, but your child deserves to know their father... you can only teach him or her so much without a father." I said.

"I would just tell Savian and get a DNA test as soon as you can. If he's not the father, try your hardest to find whoever is. The baby deserves it. " I stated.

"You're right...I just wish shit would have went differently. I guess this is what I get for leaving you in that house with him. You endured the abuse longer and more brutally while I was off living free. Now my life is fucked up..." Bre said.

I didn't want to talk about this right now.

I just looked out the window again.

We pulled up at the house and I was preparing to get out but Bre grabbed my arm.

"Brailyn wait..." she said.

I looked over at her.

"I wanted to talk to you." She said.

"About what? " I asked.

"We never really discussed the situation...we just yelled at each other. And I know the subject is touchy for you, but I need to get this off my chest. My counselor told me that it was apart of the healing process." She said.

I exhaled and nodded, preparing myself for everything that was about to come back to my memory.

"I want to sincerely apologize for leaving you there. I'm so sorry for not going to get help. I left, not caring about anyone but myself. I never tried to come back for you. I just figured you would do the same thing I did. I was wrong and I apologize..." she said sincerely.

I sat in silence, wrapping my mind around everything she just said.

"For so long, I hated you Bre. I hated you because you left me there with him. Everyday you were gone the beatings got worse, the mental abuse got worse, the secrets got deeper. I got laid down everyday by that bastard and he did me any kind of way he wanted to do me. If I resisted, he beat me senseless. I had nowhere to go. After you left, everything was full force. He made sure I couldn't leave. I tried to kill myself Bre. Right when I was at my wits end and was about to end it all, it all stopped. Mama came home early and caught him on top of me. After he was caught he ran. Mama took me to the hospital afterwards. I was pregnant Bre. But I couldn't carry the baby because my cervix and my uterus were severely damaged. I was told I could never carry a baby full term." I said.

"But Bre, I don't hate you. You had to do for yourself. I'm proud of who you are becoming. I love you with all my heart. You are my blood. None of this was your fault and if I ever made you feel like it was, I'm sorry. These were just the cards we were dealt." I said as I got out of the car.

Bre got out as well. Before we both stepped onto the porch, Bre pulled me in for a hug. I felt like the missing piece to the puzzle had finally been found...

==========

Excuse my mistakes.