Chapter 37

Soooooo this is going to be a lot shorter than normal for the ending's sake. Don't hate me for the ending of this chapter. Please *hides away*

____________________________________________________________________________________

Matthew and Ivan were racing across the ice.

"You're going down Ivan!" Matthew yells as he scores a point.

"No. You are going down." Ivan grins taking position.

Everyone on the side watched with rapt attention, wanting to see who wins. Last time these two had a hockey match there was broken bones, knocked out teeth and crushed spirits..... for Ivan. Matthew won last time they played.

"GOOO MATTIE!" Alfred yelled.

"IVAN IVAN IVAN IVAN!!!!" Matthias, Ludwig and surprisingly Berwald started shouting.

The baltic trio started cheering on the sideline. "Go Ivan go Ivan GO!" 

Alfred, Antonio and Gilbert glared at the three and got up and started cheering too. It seems as if the Hockey match had been abandoned and it now became a cheer off.

"Mattie Mattie he's our man. If he can't win then no one can." they yelled.

"IVAN SCORES!" Elizabeta yelled. "Ivan 5, Matthew 7."

Fifteen minutes later it started snowing again. Matthew and Ivan were still playing. The score was 10-13 to Ivan.

"I am NOT losing!" Matthew yelled as he scored a point.

"FIRST TO 15!" Elizabeta announced.

Five minutes later it was tied, 14-14.

Ivan and Matthew were standing in position, puck between them, sticks ready to play. They glared at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.

"Come on Ivan." Matthew said.

Ivan just smiled.

Everyone on the sides were silent. The tension could have been cut with a knife.

Suddenly, Ivan lashed out and smacked the puck and it was on. Ivan went for Matt's goal, Matthew right behind him. Ivan went to score, but Matt got in front and blocked it, knocking it back towards Ivan's goal.

Everyone was cheering their side on, hoping to win.

"COME ON MATTIE!" Alistor and Alfred yelled.

"YOU CAN DO IT IVAN!!!" Yao, Lukas and Ravis screamed.

One of the sticks swung up. It came down in a large swoosh and smacked the puck. The black disk went flying across the ice and landed inside the goal.

Silence.

Then,

"IVAN WINS!!!!" Elizabeta screamed.

The left side of the ice broke out into loud cheers. Matthew and Ivan skated to the center of the lake and shook hands, smiling at each other.

Then one noise made everyone dead silent.

crack

.

.

.

.

splash

"MATTIE!"

"IVAN!"