Chapter 6

Alfred couldn't get to sleep no matter what he did. Matt was in the next room over, sleeping like a brick, but he had a nightlight on. Alfred didn't, thinking it was 'unheroic' to have a nightlight. He was sitting in the corner of his bed, back pressed against the wall, flashlight going around the room lighting the corners. Every little creek scared him. Suddenly his door opened. His face paled as he shined the flashlight to it. It creaked open and little pitter-patters were heard through the hall.

"Hehehehehehe~" A little girls voice rang out.

Alfred's eyes were opened wide as he stared at the door. He slowly stood up and stepped off the bed, staying clear from the underside. He walked to his door, before looking out he looked behind him. Not seeing anything, he flashed the light out in the hall. At the end of the hall he say a little pair of glowing eyes. Then they disappeared. He slowly walked out of his room and went next door to Matt's room.

Slowly he opened his brother's door and looked in. Every thing looked fine so he walked in. Then the door slammed behind him. He spun around and looked at it.

"Hehehehe~" the girl's voice was behind him.

He spun around and saw a little girl with long black hair. She had a ripped, white dress on with stains that looked like blood. Her eyes were glowing red. Her arms were hanging at her side, a knife held in her hand, also stained. Her head was tilted to the side, a smile spread across her face. She turned away from him and walked to Matt's bed. Alfred's eyes widened and he stepped forward. The girl turned around and looked at him. Her eyes boring into him, freezing him where he stood. She turned back around and kept walking. No matter what he did, he couldn't move. The girl got closer, then stopped at his brothers bed. She raised her hand and touched his brother's forehead.

Matt sat strait up and looked at him. His eyes glowed a purple color. His curl bent into a crooked and jagged circle, a wide smile spread across his face. He stood up and joined the little girl. Finally, Alfred could move. He turned and ran out the door and down the hall. He ran for the stairs. As he was running he could hear Matt and the girl following him. The walls were peeling and rotting behind him. He ran down the stairs and into the living room, but stopped dead in his tracks. Standing there was Arthur, but he looked different. He had strawberry blonde hair and glowing blue eyes with pink mixed in. Blood was smeared across his face and clothes. He held a knife in his hand. His faced was stretched into an impossibly large smile. Next to him were three other people. One held a long hockey stick, covered in blood. His eyes glowed a vivid violet. Another had glowing red eyes and a baseball bat with rust(?) covered nails hammered into it. And behind them all was another with glowing blue eyes, smoke trailing from his lips. He held a shot gun in his hand.

On the floor at his feet, were his family. Arthur was the first he saw. His emerald eyes were wide open, frozen forever in terror. His chest was covered in stab wounds, blood soaking through his clothes. Francis was next. His eyes were open in shock and disbelief. A shot going through his chest and forehead, blood was dripping down his face and into his blonde hair. Matt was next. His eyes were swollen shut, the rest of him beaten and bloody, clothes torn. And last was himself. He was lying half on top of Arthur, and an arm over his brother as if trying to protect them. He had a stab in his back, his arm looked broken, and he had little puncture wound all over him. His eyes were closed tight as it to ignore some type of pain.

Alfred backed away from the scene only to bump into the little girl. She grinned, laughed and charged at him with the knife.

"AHHHHHH!!!" he screamed.

"ALFRED!!!!!"

Alfred sat strait up in his bed. Matt was sitting in front of him, worry written all over his face. Alfred looked at him and reached out to touch his face. He touched his cheek and when he felt the warmth of his skin and collapsed into his brother and cried. Matthew grabbed him and held him while he cried, whispering reassurances in his ear. After a few minutes he calmed down.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked.

Alfred nodded, still to afraid to talk.

"You sure? I wake up to you screaming bloody murder. I run in and your thrashing around. I had to pin your arms down or you would have hurt yourself. And then you went completely still and started crying. I didn't know what was wrong and I-I couldn't w-wake you up. I didn't kn-know what w-was happening." Matt said, his own tears coming. "I-I was s-so scared."

Alfred pulled him into a hug. Matt took a few minutes to calm himself.

"I'm okay, it was a really bad nightmare." Alfred said quietly.

"What happened?" Matt asked.

Alfred spent the next few minutes explaining his dream. When he was done, Matthew was looking at him with wide eyes.

"Th-that's terrifying!" he exclaims.

"Your telling me," Alfred says.

"Do you want to call Arthur and Francis. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. It's about 7 or so where they're at anyway." Matt offered.

Alfred nodded, pulling out his laptop. "I need to see them."

Matt nodded and sat down next to Al and got comfy. They waited for someone to pick up. Finally, it was Francis who picked up.

"Boys? Why are you calling?" He asked.

Alfred just started at him, checking to make sure he wasn't hurt anywhere. Looking for any marks on his forehead especially.

"Alfred had a really bad nightmare and needed to make sure you two were alright." Matt explained.

"Was it really that bad?" Francis asked.

Alfred nodded. And once again he and Matt were explaining his dream to Francis. At the end, Francis eyes were wide and his face went a shade paler.

"That is terrifying. I don't blame you for calling. I'm assuming you want to see Arthur as well?"

Alfred nodded. Francis smiled and made a 'one moment' gesture. After a minute and muffled talking. Arthur walked in sleepily.

"I was told you need me?" He said groggily.

"Ya..." Alfred said, not really paying attention, just making sure that he was alright.

"What for?" Arthur asked.

Francis whispered in his ear and Arthur jolted awake.

"Bloody hell."

Matt nodded with sympathy. "Terrifying."

"Well, were both fine over here lad. No need to worry anymore." Arthur said, smiling softly.

"Positive?" Alfred asked.

"Positive," Francis said.

Alfred nodded.

"Sorry for walking you up so early in the morning," Matt said.

"No problem lads. I probably would have done that same." Arthur said.

"We should probably see if we can try and get back to sleep. Bye," Matt said.

"Talk to you later, boys," Francis said, shutting down the call.

"Well that was an interesting night," Alfred said.

"Yes it was." Matt agreed, "Come one let's try to sleep."

They laid down together and cuddled under the blanket. Both of them falling asleep withing minutes. Light and dreamless.

____________________________________________________

Whelp my shot at horror. How'd I do? I don't own Hetalia.