Chapter 27

An hour later Francis, Alfred and Matthew were driving to the hospital. Alistor was already there, watching over Arthur.

It only took fifteen minutes to get to the hospital. When they got there, they just walked through the lobby and straight for the hallways. Even though it's only been four days they still knew where to go. They found room 118 and walked inside. Al and Matt sat down on Arthur's right and started a whispered conversation.

Alistor was sitting in a chair by Arthur's left, his head hanging on his chest, soft snores leaving his mouth. Francis walked over and gently shook his shoulder.

"Wake up Alistor." he said.

Alistor jolted awake. "Wha'?"

Francis chuckled. "You fell asleep in the chair again. You really need to sleep tonight."

Alistor sighed, "I know, but I'm stressed out and worried about Arthur."

"We know. How's he been?" Francis asked.

"Still the same, unconscious and asleep." 

Francis nodded and sat down next to the red-headed man. He looked at the boys across the beds.

"What are you two talking about?" Francis asked.

They jumped and looked at him.  

"Nothing." they said together, then went back to whispering.

"Are they alright?" Alistor whispered.

Francis looked at the two blondes. "Yeah, at least I think they are. They said they were alright this morning."

Alistor looked at them too. "Just remember. Just because someone says they're alright. Doesn't necessarily mean they are."

Francis nods. "Yeah. I hope they didn't lie."

"Me either." Alistor agreed.

The four sat there in a comfortable silence for a while. 

They all jumped when there was a groaning from the bed in front of them. Francis and Alistor stood up.

Alistor ran to the door and yelled for a nurse to come in while Francis leaned over Arthur and tried to bring him round.

"Arthur? You waking up now? Come on, you can do it." Francis encouraged.

Alistor came back in with two nurses behind him.

They rushed to Arthur's side and started checking the monitor..

"This isn't right. He shouldn't be waking up right now." one muttered.

"What's going on?" Alfred asked fearfully. 

Matthew was starting at Francis with wide eyes. "Papa?"

Arthur's eyes popped open. 

"Arthur. Can you hear me?" Nurse One asked.

Arthur nodded a bit, then cringed.

"Okay I need you to cough on the count of three. We need to take the ventilator out. Okay?" One said again.

At Arthur's nod she started counting. 

"One..... Two.... Three!"

Arthur coughed and the tube slid out of his throat. When it was out he groaned again.

"What hurts?" Nurse Two asked.

"Ar....ms......Hea.....d." Arthur muttered.

Arthur looked around. He stopped moving when his sight landed on Francis. 

"Fran.... cis?" he asked.

Then he passes out again.

But that wasn't the scary part. The scary thing was the heart monitor.

It was flat. 

(AN I was going to leave it here but I don't feel like dying just yet)

Alfred and Matthew's face when white. Everyone was pushed out of the room as more doctor's rushed into the room. 

"ARTHUR!!!" Francis yelled, trying to get passed the doctors. 

Alistor was holding him back, his own tears streaming down his face.

"Francis! Let them do their job!" he yelled.

Matthew and Alfred were up against the opposite walls, tears streaming down their faces.

Francis was at the door window watching the doctors try and bring Arthur back.

"Clear!" one yelled.

They zapped his chest. 

No reaction.

"Clear!" they yelled again.

No reaction.

"One more time." a doctor said.

Francis was sobbing. "Come on Angleterre." he whispered at the same time Alistor said "You can do it little brother."

"Clear!" 

ZAP

A moment of silence then

beep.... beep.... beep

The doctors started rushing around Arthur again, starting to work on getting him stabilized.

Francis sobbed in relief. Alistor felt like he could faint. Matthew was crying into Alfred's shoulder, who was also crying. 

A minute later a doctor walked out.

"I'm sorry to tell you this. We need to move Arthur to intensive care immediately. While he's there he will be unable to have visitors. But we need to keep an eye on him day and night for the next few days. I'm very sorry." he said.

"Okay. Thank you." Francis said quietly.

The four quietly walked out of the hospital and to the cars that they had drove there that morning.

"I'll see you at home." Alistor said.

"See you." Francis said.

They got in the cars and drove home. When they got there they went inside. 

"I'm going upstairs." Alfred whispered.

"Okay." Francis said.

"I'm going to take a nap." Alistor said.

Alfred made his way up the stairs, Alistor following him and they disappeared at the top. Matthew turned to Francis.

"I'm worried about Alfred, papa."

"I know Matthew, me too." Francis sighed.

Editor here~ Anyone else want to hunt down the author for what she done to poor Arthur? For tearing our hearts out? Plucking our feels strings? Well, guess we can't do that or else Author-chan won't be able to make it right. She better make it right •^•

I know where you live Author-chan. Remember that.

Love ya so much <3

Author here~ Oh sh*t. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME *runs and hides* YOU'LL NEVER FIND ME.....  except maybe Editor.... craaaaaapppppp