Chapter 28

The next few days were horrible. Everyone was worried about Arthur. They wanted to go see him but they weren't aloud too. They were all having a hard time dealing with it. They didn't even notice that Christmas was in a few weeks. Two to be exact. 

Alfred couldn't eat. He didn't want to. He was to upset and stressed to even think about it. He knew he was worrying everyone but he couldn't help it. Every time he walked into the kitchen for a meal he just wanted to leave. 

Matthew was constantly worried about Alfred. He was still eating, just not as much as he was a week and a half ago. It was hard to get him to eat twice a day now, don't even think about three times.

Francis was slowly getting closer to breaking down. He hated knowing that Arthur was in the hospital and he couldn't be there. He hated knowing Alfred was relapsing and they couldn't do anything without making Alfred snap. He hated knowing Matthew was close to breaking down from stress. He hated it all.

Alistor was feeling immensely guilty. He caused this. He had said those things to his brother that pushed him to try and commit suicide. And like a domino effect, everyone else was suffering. He couldn't help but think everything was his fault.

The thing that broke them all out of their misery was a phone call six days after the 'Incident' as they all called it.

Francis was in the kitchen when the phone rang. He dropped his sandwich on his plate and ran to the phone. He grabbed it and put it to his ear.

"Yes?" He asked, desperately.

"Is this the family of Arthur Kirkland?" A woman said.

Francis could have sobbed in relief. "Yes it is? Is Arthur alright?"

"He's great. We've just moved him out of Intensive care and into a normal room. You can come and visit now." The woman said in a kind voice.

"Thank you so much for calling. Really." Francis said.

He could hear the smile in the lady's voice. "No problem. Now why don't you get everyone important and get over here. I know you want to."

Francis smiled. "I'm on it. Have a good day." 

"You too." The woman said then hung up.

Francis put down the phone and jumped around with joy. Then yelled up the stairs.

"GUYS!!!!" 

Three sets of footsteps came running down the stairs. 

"What's going on?!" Alistor yelled.

"Arthur got moved to a normal room! We can go visit!" Francis announced as he pulled on his coat.

The other three started at him for a second before rushing off to do the same. Ten minutes later they were all in the car and driving to the hospital. When they got there they all ran in and to the nurses station.

"Arthur Kirkland?" Francis asked.

The nurse smiled. "Room 123."

"Thank you." Francis said.

They all sped walked down the halls before they came across the room. Finally, they found the room and entered.

Arthur looked much better than he did last time. There were still bandages on his arms, but there was only and IV in his hand. There was no ventilator this time. 

They all took seats around his bed and just sat there in a comfortable silence. It started snowing outside at some point. After an hour of being there a doctor came in.

"I assume you're his family?" He asked.

They all nodded their heads.

"Well I have good news for you. Arthur should wake up in the next two to three days. Maybe even tomorrow." He smiled.

Matt and Alistor stood up and jumped around the room. Francis couldn't stop smiling and Alfred was laughing at everyone's antics.

The doctor was smiling, happy to see this family so happy.

"I need to check on some things and I'll be out of your way."

The doctor went to Arthur's side, checked some stuff and walked out of the room. They all resumed their positions at Arthur's sides and just smiled, knowing that he was going to be alright.