Chapter 7

Alfred woke up about 3 hours later. He rolled over and fell on the floor, pulling the blanket with him. It whipped off of Matthew and wrapped around Alfred as he flailed around, getting himself stuck even more. Matthew sat up as the cool air hit him. Rubbing his eyes, he looked around. Looking down at the floor he started laughing. Alfred was all wrapped up and tangled in the comforter. 

"Are you a burrito now?" Matthew asks, grinning.

"No. Now help me out please." Alfred says.

Matthew laughs and gets out of the bed and helps his brother out of the blanket. Soon, Alfred was on his feet, cursing the 'evil, man eating blankets' and throwing it back on the bed.

"Breakfast." Matthew says pulling his brother out of the door.

They go downstairs and into the kitchen. Alfred sits at the table and puts his head on the table. Matthew went to the pantry and grabbed a box of cereal and the milk from the fridge. Putting them on the table, he grabbed 2 spoons. He gave himself a bowl, then nudged Alfred's arm. Alfred looked up.

"Hmm?" 

"Cereal." Matthew said, pointing to the empty bowl.

Alfred sighed and grabbed the bowl. Then he grabbed the cereal and filled the bowl halfway and poured the milk in.  Matthew looked at it sadly. Usually his brother would fill the bowl till it was overflowing. Sighing, he ate his cereal, making sure Alfred ate his too. 15 minutes later they finished up. Matthew on his 3rd bowl, and Alfred finishing his. They put their bowls in the sink and the milk and cereal away.

"When do you want to go to Arthur's place?" Alfred asked.

"How about..." Matthew looks at a calendar, "The... 26th?"

"Yeah that works, that means we have 3 days to get ready and stuff." Alfred said, "We can make it work." 

"Yup, we just need to clear up stuff with our bosses. Get some work done, And pack." Matthew said.

"Well, might as well get started." Alfred said.

An this was how the next three days were spent. The called their bosses and received permission to go to England. Called the personification himself and let him know they were going to be there in three days. Then they did some extra paperwork. And then they packed. Clothes, pajamas, necessities and other items went into suitcases. Phones, laptops, chargers and other little things went into carry-on bags. Finally, it was the 26th.

BEEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP

Alfred jerked away and slapped the alarm clock. They had gotten an early flight to England. And by early, it was 4:00 in the morning. He got up and got dressed and grabbed his bags. He then walked to Matt's room. Opening the door, he walked in. Going to his brothers bed, he pulled off the covers.

"Get up. We need to leave in half an hour." Alfred said.

Matt grumbled awake and literally rolled out of bed onto the floor. Alfred laughed and walked out of the room and went downstairs. He put his bags by the door and went into the kitchen. They had thrown away anything that could go bad while they were gone last night. He grabbed the last banana off the counter and peeled it. 10 minutes later Matt thumped down the stairs and put his bags next to his brothers. Then he walked into the kitchen and grabbed the last apple out of the fridge.

"Remind me why we got a flight this early." he said groggily.

"Because its an 8 hour flight." Alfred said, "And we take off at 6."

Matt groaned and flopped his head on the table.

It took 30 minutes to get to the airport, then 30 more for security. They had to leave the house in 30 minutes it they weren't going to be late.

They finished up and made double checks to make sure they weren't missing anything. Shooting Arthur a text telling him they should land around 7 at night and what gate they would land at, (Time difference is five hours) they grabbed their bags and headed out the door and to the car. Loading in their bags, they got and started their drive to the airport.

"I hate long flights." Matt complains.

"Me too, but oh well." Alfred says.

"At least I can get more sleep. That's the only plus." Matthew says.

"Yup."

A few minutes later they pulled into the airport and parked in a parking garage. They grabbed their bags and walked in and started going through security. 30 minutes of security later they got through and went to find their gate.

"It's over there." Matthew said, pointing.

They turned their direction and started to their gate. When they got there, they set their bags down and went to the Starbucks across the hall.

"What would you like?" the lady at the counter asked.

"I'm gonna have a  venti White Mocha." Alfred said.

"And I'll just have a venti black coffee please." Matthew said.

The lady nodded and put it in the register.

"That'll be $10.37."

Alfred pulled out a twenty and handed it to her.

"Your change." She said handing him $9.63.

Alfred and Matthew went and stood back and waited as they made their coffee. 5 minutes later the lady called out their names and put their coffee on the counter. Grabbing them they went back to their gate and sat down by their luggage. Matt pulled out a little bottle of pure Canadian Maple Syrup and poured half of it in his coffee.

"You really love maple don't you." Alfred said sipping his drink.

Matthew just looked at him and took a drink. Alfred smiles and pulls out his phone and turns it on airplane mode, Matthew doing the same. It was 5:45.

"Could passengers for the flight to England please get ready to board the plane at this moment." The announcement came on.

Alfred and Matthew stood up and grabbed their bags. Finishing the rest of their coffee, they threw them away. Getting in the line they made their way to the plane. Finally, they handed the ticket person their tickets and went into the shaft that would take them to the plane. When they got in the plane, they went to their seats. They sat down and put their carry-ons at their feet. Matthew strapped his seat-belt and  pulled out a travel pillow and proceeded to curl up and lean his head on Alfred's shoulder. Alfred pulled out his phone and headphones. Pulling up his favorite playlist he got it ready for the flight.

10 minutes later everyone was on the plane and in their seats. The staff was going through the custom 'what to do if we crashed' and other things like the seat-belt. When that was done they were racing down the runway. How Matt could be asleep right now was a mystery to Alfred.

When they were in the air, Alfred put on his headphones and turned on his music, getting ready for the long flight ahead.