Chapter 04

Belle

"Mate." I whispered, my breath coming out in pants as my heat sped up.

I walked slowly to him and took in a deep breath. He was human. I slowed down and looked closer. If he was human he wouldn't understand if I just ran up to him and claimed him as mine. He'd think I was freak.

Once I reached him I made sure to make a little noise so I didn't alarm him.

"Hey" I whispered. His head snapped towards me and he sniffled. He had dirt streaks on his face and he was awfully skinny. He had light blue eyes and it looked to me like black hair.
"What do you want? I have nothing! You can't take anything, I have nothing." He sobbed. He ran a hand through his hair and continued to cry.

My heart sank and I bent down to his eye level.

"Hey, I don't want to take anything. I'm Belle." I said while sticking my hand out. He looked at me questionably and hesitantly connected his hand with mine. But once he felt the sparks he immediate pulled back.
"What was that?" He asked, alarmed.

"Nothing. What's your name, sweetie?" I asked softly. He studied me then looked at his hands. He was beautiful. Even with all the dirt.

"Landon. My names Landon." He said after a few minutes.

Landon. Such a beautiful name.

His blue eyes searched mine then he looked away.

"Do you have any family with you?" I asked. I hope he wasn't alone. I'd take all of them with me.

"Just my brother."

I sat down on the dirty ground and studied him, "Do you want to come with me? I'd take your brother too. I'll give you food and a nice bed to sleep in. I won't harm you, I swear," I said while looking at him, "I don't think I ever could."

"Why would you want to take us?We're worthless. We couldn't pay you back. We'd just be a burden for your family." His eyes were distant and it seemed he were looking right through me.

"No, you wouldn't. We have plenty of room. I'll give you clothes and a shelter. You can stay as long as you can." I said, hoping he agrees. Possessiveness ran through my veins and I had to fight to stop myself from wrapping my arms around him and telling him that everything will be okay.

"I don't even know you." He said. The cool wind blew around us. His hair went into his face and I had to hold myself back from brushing it away.

"We can. We can get to know each other at the house. Please come. I can't leave you." I begged.

"Why can't you?! Everyone else has!" He shouted. Anger filled his eyes and he slammed his fist against the ground. I smelt blood fill the air and I looked down at his hand. His knuckles had dried blood that scattered up his arm, new blood puckered his skin.

"I won't leave you ever. I swear. I care about you so much already." I said and immediately regretted it. I shouldn't have said it. He looked at me and his eyes softened.

"Why do I feel connected to you?" He whispered. I smiled, he felt it. He felt the pull.

"Just come with me. We can wait for your brother."

He thought about it for a second and nodded slowly, "Thank you," he whispered, "This means so much to us. My brother will love it."

"I hope so." I said. We waited for his brother in silence. After awhile we heard footsteps and Landon tensed.

"Landon?" Someone whispered. His voice was deep and scratchy.

"Over here," Landon called, "I have a surprise for you!"

Once Landon's brother finally reached us he looked over at me then looked at his brother questionably.

"She's taking us to her home. She's going to help us." Landon explained. I got up and wiped the dirt of my dress and held my hand out.

"Belle."

"Owen." He said while taking my hand. He smiled at me then at Landon.

"Thank you. I didn't know if he could take anymore." Owen whispered. I looked over at Landon and saw him looking lost.

"I know what you are. I had a mate but she died. I just want Landon to be safe. And by the look you give him I'm guessing he's you mate. Just don't tell him for awhile. He might not take it good if you told him now." Owen whispered to me and I looked at him questionable but he nodded, keeping me silent.

"Okay. I understand." He studied me and nodded.

"Let's go." I said while grabbing Landon's hand and leading him down the road.

-------------------------------------------------
I know it's short.. But I think this is good! Please share this story to your friends! And comment and vote!