Chapter 02

**EDITED**

On my journey, I overcame many obstacles - many of which were emotions. These emotions varied from hopelessness, remorse, loneliness, and distress. The variety of emotions worried me  because I have not experienced these emotions so harshly. night and day, we traveled. We walked many miles, traveling across the state we inhabited. Many a moment, I felt my emotions scatter and my thoughts wondered and relayed in my mind. Selfishness was a new emotion I had felt, considering many wolves search years and sometimes decades for their other half. Feeling complete is what I yearned for. Many desires arose to the surface as I continued my search, many I have not felt before.

Frustrations were around each corner - from my father, to the pack, Sarah, and our long journey. Many males were overjoyed, taking advantages of my search. Many males vowed for my attentions, seeking each opportunity that they acquired.My respect for their character faltered, but my respect for their role in my pack was present. All males and women were respected. 

Women and male had a variety of jobs in my pack - varying from nurses, to guards, to cooks, and to fighters . . . Each were respected and well cared for. 

**

We walked many hours. Our legs and feet ached with each step. 

"Sarah, why don't we just drive in your car with the windows down?" Each mate can smell the scent of their other half. That scent can make your hormones crazed, the way your body moves reflects the symptoms of their scent. 

We had walked all over our towns and existing packs. But our result was slim to none. Sarah and I's hope was slowly diminishing as each day passed. 

After I exclaimed my idea, she threw her balled hands that were formed into a fist into the air. Her gasp was tiresome, and we both exclaimed our frustration. 

"Why didn't we think of that, Belle?" She had whispered. Her eyes were closed with exhaustion and the purple that sat beneath her eyes were noticeable from the lack of sleep. We had walked day and night, with minimal amount of food. We were so focused, that we had put the search before our own health. 

We walked into a coffee shop, breathing in the fresh ground beans. The mixture of scents from the coffee and muffins were extremely enticing. As we ordered our drinks and food, we enjoyed the way the liquid warmth traveled down to our stomachs, warming our core. Sarah, however, never did sit down. Instead, she paced the modern wooden floors. She had a cup of coffee in one hand, and a blueberry muffin in the other. 

The words that were under her breath were very clear to me, "Why can't we find him? Shouldn't he be drawn to her pull?" I smiled, although it wasn't dear to the heart. 

I sat up, pushing my shoulders and my head held high, "Why don't we go, Sarah?" Picked up our own plated and gave it to a waitress. As Alpha, i don't see it necessary to have maids. I didn't want to be treated like a higher rank. 

Sarah grabbed her keys to her adorable green bug, and we both trugged our way there. When we both sat down, we looked up into the blue sky. The clouds were slowly heading to the west and the sun was surrounded by a halo. Sarah then started her car, the engine roaring to life. She rolled down the windows so I could smell any scent, any scent at all. 

"Belle?" She asked, the wind wisping my bangs into my eyes. I took in a deep breath, and suddenly froze. 

The scent was delicious. The scent made my heart race to unimaginable thinking, a smile made its way tony face, and I knew, that today would be the end of my search. A sequel of excitement surrounded us, and I couldn't make it out as my own or as Sarah's. Tears of happiness stung my eyes, and a laugh escaped my lips. 

Sarah pulled over, turning the engine off, and locking the doors. We looked both ways, not knowing where to search. I looked to the left, and started to walk slowly. When the scent started to get stronger, my walk became confident. Sarah's laugh followed me, and she grabbed my shoulders. 

"We're going to find him, Belle!" She squealed, and her small hands gripped my shoulders. We reached a town, and nervousness filled our bodies. It was a trashy town, garbage everywhere you looked. The buildings were graffitied, molded, and the windows were broken. We went down the street, our hands gripping each others. Sarah was shaking with fright, and I felt confidence flow out my body. 

The scent was stronger near an alley, but once we entered, the entire scent faded into nothing. Panic filled me, and I ran back to the street. There was no scent. 

Tears ran down my cheeks, and i collapsed to the dirty gravel. I cursed, and I slammed my hands to the rocks beneath me. Sarah engulfed me in her arms, and she whispered sweet nothings into my ear. 

"We were so close," I sobbed, my shoulders sagging. My hands held my face, and my hair was stuck onto the wet trails on my cheeks. 

Sadness enveloped me like a blanket that was keeping my warm. My mind was focused on nothing, and my eyes were blurry. Looked over at Sarah, only seeing the browns her hair, surrounding her blurred face. Tears were no longer escaping my eyes, and I stood up on shaky legs. 

"Lets go, Belle." Sarah whispered gently, slowly pulling me to the sidewalk. I tripped over my feet and fell to the ground. Scraped and bruises were on the palms of my hands and my knees, and a gurgle came from my mouth. I heard Sarah whisper something but I couldn't make it out. Sarah's delicate hands gripped my own, and she coddled me like an infant. Shivers raked my small body, and I enveloped myself into my arms. 

Sarah sat me in her green bug, on the awful uncomfortable seats. My knees were brought to my chest; my arms hugged my legs. 

"We'll find him, Belle. Soon," She whispered, and looked down at my bloody knee. She sighed and looked ahead of her as rain started to pound on her windshield. 

All i could remember was his scent. 

Vanilla, chocolate, and garbage.