When Summer Ends - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

After regaining my composure I served a couple of other people, when I suddenly spotted Amy looking around for me. “Amy!” I shouted. She didn’t respond and carried on looking around for me worriedly. “Amy!” I grabbed an ice cube and threw it at her. Her head shot up in surprise as it hit her on the shoulder.

She gasped and looked at me, confused, before shaking her head and walking over to me, grinning. “What on earth are you doing?” she asked, laughing.

I gave her a little twirl. “New job. Do I make a convincing bartender?” I asked, winking at her.

She laughed harder. “Seriously, Chloe, what are you doing behind the bar?”

I went to serve the guy standing next to her so that I could talk to her. “Will was on his own, people were getting annoyed so I thought I’d help him out.” I shrugged.

“And who’s Will?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I nodded over my shoulder at his back. Amy looked over at him. “Wow, nice ass,” she complimented, giggling.

“I’m going to help him until the other guy comes back from his break, then I’ll come and find you,” I called over my shoulder as I went to serve someone else.

“Sure, have fun,” she replied, winking at me.

I was actually having a lot of fun; the guys were flirting with me like crazy. I refused to serve people unless they were singing and dancing, so people were having a lot of fun waiting to be served, which made Will laugh. I’d been told to keep the change loads of times and had about forty bucks tucked in a glass under the bar. Not that I could keep it though, it should be Will’s really. I didn’t get a chance to speak to Will much because it was too busy, but I brushed past him a few times, sending him flirtatious smiles. I was trying not to though; he was too old for me and probably thought I was twenty-one instead of seventeen, so I certainly shouldn’t be lusting after him like I was.

After about half an hour the rush started to slow down because the happy hour finished. Will came over and stood next to me. “Thanks for this, I really appreciate your help,” he said, handing me a glass which contained a white creamy looking drink.

“What’s that?” I frowned at it. It didn’t look too appealing.

He grinned. “It’s called a Screaming Orgasm. I thought I’d give you one as a thanks,” he stated, smirking at me.

I blushed like crazy and giggled. “It’s not called that.”

“It is. You’ve never had one?” he asked, raising his eyebrows innocently, even though his smirk clearly showed there was nothing innocent about it at all.

Okay, well I guess I can flirt with him, that’s harmless after all. “A screaming one?” I asked, narrowing my eyes, pretending to think. “No actually I don’t think I have, you’ll be giving me my first,” I stated, trying not to blush when I said it.

“Well then I’m honoured.” He flicked me on the nose as he walked off to serve someone else. I took a hefty swig of the drink and almost gagged; it was disgusting and had so much alcohol in it that it burnt my throat. “You don’t like it?” he asked, faking hurt.

“Sorry, I guess you have too much confidence in your ability,” I replied, handing it back to him, still wincing as I rubbed my mouth with the back of my hand.

He laughed and knocked the drink back as he leant against the bar, watching me. Taio Cruz; Dynamite, started, and I squealed excitedly. “I love this song!” I chirped, dancing and singing along with the lyrics.

He just watched me with an amused smile on his face. “Wow, you’re a terrible singer.” He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards me. “Dance with me, payback seeing as the orgasm you gave me was a let-down,” I teased.