The next morning, I woke up bright and early to get Rei ready for school. She was five now and so excited about school. She's been talking and talking about going since she first found out. I woke her up, picked her outfit out and hurried her into the bathtub, getting in with her.

I showed her how to wash her arms and hair, she mocked me. We played in bubbles for a while before getting out and brushing our teeth.

"Look, Reiya. Brush up and down, side to side, just like me." I told her. She nodded and did what I said.

Afterwards, we got dressed. She did most of the work, even though her dress was inside out but I fixed it for her and put her curly hair and tight high bun.

"We not go eat?" She asked, grabbing her bookbag.

I laughed, shaking my head. "We gonna get McDonald's, let's go. You don't wanna be late, do you?"

"Nooo!" She exclaimed before running outside to my car.

I laughed at her before unlocking the door and putting her in her booster seat. I then got in the car and drove to her school.

"Okay, you ready?" I asked her, unbuckling my seatbelt.

She nodded before unbuckling her seatbelt too. I helped her out, handed her her bookbag then held her hand as we made our way to the school. We walked in and straight to her class. She looked so excited until she saw all the kids.

She looked like she was about to cry.

"What's wrong?" The teacher asked. I looked at him and everything seemed to freeze. If my baby wasn't getting ready to cry, I probably would've stared longer. He was tall, dark, and handsome as most women looked for in a man. But so was Wyn.

He wore a suit and an award winning smile. He kneeled down in front of Rei and smiled big. "Hi, there. What's your name?"

"Rei..ya.." She mumbled just like I taught her.

"Reiya? The Reiya Price? That's you?" He asked, looking stunned. He almost fooled even me for a second before Rei smiled and nodded. "Well, I'm glad you could make it. My name is Mr. Davenport. Can you say that?"

"Dav..in..port. Davenport." She said with a big smile. He gasped.

"Wow, see we're gonna get along great. You ready to learn, Reiya?" He asked her. She shook her head no. "No? Why not? All the kids are so nice. Right, kids?"

"Yes!" They all said almost simultaneously.

"Everyone say hi to Reiya. She's new just like all of you here." He said before looking at me with a smile.

Rei smiled before letting go of my hand. I didn't want to let her go but I knew I had to as she ran in. I smiled.

"You're good." I said, nodding at him.

"Well, it's my job." I then noticed he had dimples. "I'm Mr. Davenport, actually stepping in, you're the mom?"

I was hesitate to answer.

"I mean not that you look like a mom at all, I just--"

"No, it's okay. I'm actually kinda like her mom. I take care of her and I'll be the one picking her up, signing the slips, you know..." I said with a slight laugh.

He nodded, his eyes lingering on mine for a while before he extended his hand. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Price? Or Mrs.?" He looked down at my hand.

"Ms." I confirmed before shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you as well. Have a nice day."

He held onto my hand a little longer. "You too."

I walked out, getting in the car before heading home. I bit my lip, locking his face in my memory.

When I got to the house, a familiar car was there, but it wasn't Lyah's.

Wyn

I lit a blunt as I sat in the living room of Lyah's home. Before she left she said that Taylor would be back soon so I decided to wait. I couldn't be here long, I had other business in this town but I couldn't come here without seeing her, checking to see how she was.

My phone lit up with an notification from Ava. It was a picture of her breasts with a message under it: "Remember what you coming home to."

I smiled briefly before I heard the door being unlocked. I turned my phone's screen off and looked at the door. When Taylor came in, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It felt good seeing her again and she definitely hadn't let herself go.

I licked my lips and looked over her body.

"Taylor." I said, catching her attention. She looked at me for a while before her face split into a smile.

"Wyn... Hey." She said, trying to hold her smile back, I could tell. She took her jacket off and stood, looking at her body.

"Hey," I said. It got quiet for a while as we stood there in silence.

"Um, what are you doing here?" She said, breaking the silence.

"Handling business here... I won't be here for long. Just wanted to... Check in on you." I told her, licking my lips.

"Oh." She said, sounding disappointed as she looked over me. "Well, I'm fine. Thanks."

"No problem." I said before smirking a little. My phone vibrated with an incoming call. It was Roman.

"Well, I gotta go." I told her as I picked my phone up.

She nodded.

"Take care."

And just like that we were out of each other's lives again. Damn I miss her.