Chapter Twenty Five

"Mum!", I shrieked and gave he a big hug. She stepped into the house, looking around the room, staring at it in amazement. "What brings you here?"
"Someone bailed me out. I don't know who. I didn't know who he was, but he said that he's using this stolen cash because he was about to get sent down for embezzlement. That literally does not make sense."
Dad.
"Anyway, how's you?"
"Good. Made a few new friends and had a bit of a dance around really. Nothing to tell."
"Oh?"
"And one of my friends are getting married tomorrow."
What friends? I've lost them all!
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"How old is she?"
"Er, seventeen? My age, actually."
"I thought you were sixteen!"
"I'm eighteen in October!"
"Oh. Do you need to go shopping? It could be our first outing as mother and daughter. The wedding's tomorrow. I wish I could be there, but I'm tired."
"Sure.", I said delightedly.
Stop talking. Now.
"Penny? Are you up for it?"
"No.", she said gently. "Work."
"I'll get changed.", Mum said, dashing upstairs. Penny led me to the sofa, and made me sit down with her.
"Are you willing to fight for her?", she asked.
"Yeah."
"What about Darren?"
I sighed. "Something happened last night between us."
"Like what?"
I looked around the room, hoping that nobody could hear us. I then looked directly at Penny.
"We kissed."
"Oh?"
"And we woke up in a hotel room bed."
"Oh dear."
"There was literally blood trickling down my leg, Penny. No lies! And the good thing is that I was wearing his old t shirt that was in his car. Talk about relief!"
"It still doesn't change the fact that you-"
"We didn't! I don't think so. Not sure. Anyway, we had an argument, and he's giving me the silent treatment, saying that I need to figure out what I want."
"He's right about that, Amber."
"And I had it perfectly worked out! Date Brittany one week, but that is after busting Trent, and date Darren the other week!"
"That is not how dating life goes!"
"I figured that. I really don't know what to do. First of all, she doesn't want me at the wedding, and second of all, he's not speaking to me. And the thing is, I have feelings for both of them, and it's quite strong."
She sighed. "Find out who's best for you, and who really deserves a place in your heart."
"But-"
"I know it's both of them, but this is messy, Amber! You really need to put your feelings in check. Now think: who's the one?"
"Both!"
"Key word: one."
"Is it a trick question?"
She sighed frustratedly. "Amber!"
"I'm sorry! I can't help it. This is my first time falling in love, and I'm falling hard. I don't know if I could keep up with my feelings anymore."
She sighed. "Talk to them, and tell them how you feel. Go to the wedding, and see if you feel something different."
"And what if I don't?"
She shrugged. "Have a heart surgery perhaps."
"I'm being serious, Penny."
"Okay! Follow your heart, head and gut."
"Talk about multi tasking.", I muttered under my breath.
"Amber!"
"What? This is serious."
She sighed. "Remember the good times, and talk to them, and tell them how you feel. Make amends, and never read teen mags or go online about this sort of stuff."
"You can't just 'make amends', these things take time you know?"
"Yup."
"So what do I do?"
She sighed. "I can't choose for you, Amber, but this is you and your feelings here. Remember this though: always keep your feelings in check."

DON'T FORGET TO
VOTE
COMMENT &
SHARE!

THANKS FOR READING!