Chapter Twenty Eight

I stand alone in the hallway, feeling heartbroken and confused. I really loved her, and I could tell that she loves me too.
It's too late. My life is over.
I start to lose hope. I start to sob lightly. Me and Darren are just friends, but where do I stand with Brittany? I saw the way her face lit up when I appeared at the cathedral, but why blow me off like that? Does she still hate me?
I check my phone, and realised that Darren sent me a video. I click on it, and I watch the video, my eyes as wide as saucers. It was Trent, with another woman, who looked middle aged and they were making out in the middle of the street.
Yes!
I listen to the rest of the recordings, and realised that I still have hope. I stand a bit closer to the doors, as listened in.
"If you have any objections, speak now."
It's like one of those tv shows and rom com films. I take a deep breath, and waltzed in, with everyone's eyes pierced on me.
"I object.", I said, loud and confidently, staring at Brittany and Trent.
"You do?", ask the vicar. I stare at Brittany, who stared at me back, looking angry and confused. She shook her head in spite, but I looked at her confidently. Trent bent his head, looking awkward.
It's so going down.
"I am.", I said, and people whispered around me, as Brittany let go of his hands and walked up to me.
"Leave now!", she hissed, pointing at the door.
"Why?", I asked loudly. I then lowered my voice. "You're in denial. I know you love me, and you don't feel for him."
"Amber!"
I then look around me, to see people still whispering. "I've got some stuff for you lot to watch and listen to.", I boomed loudly. "It's to show you all, that this man, by the name of Trent, is a selfish, conniving, cheating little con artist!"
Everyone gasped around me, and Trent looked on, helplessly and awkwardly.
"Oh.", he said, as Brittany shook her head at me.
"Please don't do this, Amber.", she said. "Please no."
"Relax.", I tell her. "I'm saving you from an unhappy marriage." I then walk to the big screen, and plugged in my phone, which recorded all the hateful things he said behind her back, and the phone calls, and the threats. Everyone listened, clearly horrified, and Brittany was close to tears. I then managed to play the video that Darren sent me, and Trent bent his head in shame. He then walked up to her after the videos finished playing, and faced her wrath.
"These are edited.", he said, but she wasn't having it. She slapped him, very hard, and burst into tears. I felt bad for her, as I never really saw her cry before.
"You evil wretch!" As soon as she dumped her ring on the floor, her big brother Chesney and her father stood up near him, and a large fight broke out. Everyone intervened and tried to stop it, as me and Brittany ran at the back of the cathedral, and hid behind the seats. Suddenly, we heard gunshots, and people screaming. A wave of fright flowed in my bloodstream, and hairs stood on my neck, as my forehead began to sweat.
I didn't dare scream. I was even scared to do that. We got up, and saw a lot of people running away, as her father and Chesney beat him to the core. They then made a run for it whilst we heard police sirens outside. It was just me and Brittany, and a vengeful Trent in the room, clutching his gun.
I could sense the fear in Brittany, as she squeezed her hand and shuddered. She clenched her other hand into a fist, and I stare at him, fearful about his next move.
"You should be marrying me.", he said to her, as she quickly shook her head. "You should only be marrying me.
"No." She was sobbing like mad.
"It's me you love. Only me. I should be your husband, but now, there's no flipping way." He then turned to me, and seemed ready to pull the trigger. "And you.", he said, shaking his head. "You spiteful bitch! You ruined everything! By this time, I should be running in the sunset, with her money, with my lover!"
Oh. He's in big trouble.
"Now, it's fair to say that both of you will die, and I will get my happy ever after." He pulled the trigger, and we bent down, as several police officers and the SWAT team intervened, and arrested him.
"You won't get away with this!", he screamed as he was carried away. We watched on, still in shock after he pulled out a gun, and we were then carried out by a few police officers, and we sat in the ambulance, with silver foil around us.
"Hey.", I said, wanting to break the ice after everything that has happened.
"Sup.", she replied.
"Are you okay?"
"I will be. Thanks for doing that. Thanks for saving me."
"You're welcome. I'm sorry about everything that happened between us."
"And I'm sorry that I didn't believe you. I should have, luckily you're my knight in shining armour."
I beamed as she said that. She really meant that?
Course she did.

It was the evening. Me and Brittany stood inside the barn, where she rides her horses. We admired the stars that shone above us, as they lit up the evening sky. We were in jeans and a causal top, instead of the clothes we wore to the wedding. She lit her dress on fire a while ago, and she threw memories of Trent inside it. I stared at the stars in awe, as I sense that her eyes are on me.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?"
I smiled at her. "It is."
"I love that we are here together again, instead of me being robbed as he runs off into the sunset. Thanks again, Amber."
"No worries."
"Listen.", she said after a long pause. "I'm really sorry about the way in reacted before. The thing is, my parents are, er.."
"Homophobic?"
"That's the one! And I have to live up to their expectations."
I giggled. "Now that's funny."
"How?"
"You taught me not to do that, don't you?"
She stared blankly at me. "Yeah."
"See? Now nothing can stand in our way."
"Yeah. Your boyfriend is lucky to have you. When do I get to meet him?"
I stared blankly at her. "Yeah, about that-"
"There's no one, right?"
"I don't have a boyfriend, I never had one, and I never took a steamy shower with him and there will be no wedding."
"I kinda guessed that."
We laughed loudly, staring at each other. She then moved closed to me, and our eyes met again. Her face was a meter away from mine, and I could sense her warmth.
"So.", she started to say.
"Yeah.", I said.
"It's just us after all."
"It is."
"And now it's time to break the children rules."
"How do you mean?"
She giggled. "I'll just have to show you, smiley." She pressed her warm lips on mine, her lips colliding with mine, as the stars shone. As our lips part, we walked into the horse barn, and it was just us. Her kisses burnt into my skin, and she whispered dirty secrets in my ear. I giggled quietly, and it was just us, kissing in the moonlight.

All over again.