Chapter Eight

"Rise and shine!", Penny chirps, opening the curtains. The sunlight blinds me, hitting my face with a full force.

"What gives?", I groaned. "Seriously!"

"Chillax, Mona Lisa. I'm taking you out!"

"Out where? What about Mum's trial? Ain't it the final hearing today?"

"That's not until two o'clock.", she responded. "Right now, we could do something in between. Hurry up, shower and get dressed, the taxi will he here in thirty minutes!"

We walked around town, and gawped at the shops. We tried on everything, and bought half of the things inside. Me and my Mum hardly do this. I would always do this with my Dad. He was famous too. He was a country singer, who was an overnight sensation. We would always walk around town, and he would let me have and buy anything I wanted. He would spoil me rotten. But, since my parents split, everything changed, and I didn't deal with it well. I didn't like change, not one bit, and I would scream or cry every now and then. Everytime I look at the music box, I think of Dad. Nobody but Dad. Most dads, including my best friend Becky's dad, was seen as abusive. I met Becky's Dad at her thirteenth birthday party, and hw was amazingly scary, and that made me feel closer to my dad since, and that's why I was so upset when Mum confiscated my music box that I received on Christmas day.

Me and Penny ate at my favourite diner, the same diner that my dad takes me to after school every single day. The staff would recognise me, so I was a little disheartened when they struggled to recognise me just now, even though that they got there in the end.

"Amber!", he chirped as we helped ourselves to a comfy seat near the window. That was my favourite seat, and I would always sit here whenever we came. I would stare at the window, and imagine us as one big happy family. I would imagine us in a nice big house, covered in gold, no arguments and fights like it always had been. But now, everything is different. I look out the window now, in the diner when me and Penny are sipping our strawberry milkshakes, my and dad's favourites, and I see a grey cloud and a blur. There was nothing but that. Me and Mum would argue everyday about Dad. I hated change, and I always will. I never knew that change would damage your life.

"Shoot!", yelled Penny as she checked her watch as we walked out of the diner. "The last hearing is in two minutes! I'm going to miss it! What will we do? That won't look good if I turn up late!"

"Catch a bus.", I said, shrugging.

"I'm not even dressed properly."

"There's a bus.", I said, pointing at it. "Lets go!"

"I've got no money."

I sighed, clearly stressed at the situation. I looked up at the sky, hoping that someone and something could help us.

DON'T FORGET TO
VOTE
COMMENT &
SHARE!

THANKS FOR READING!