Nina's Third Trip Money (Hank Saga Story #30)

Nina's Third Trip Money (Hank Saga Story #30) By: Dan Leicht/D.e.e.L

"This job sucks," mutters a girl named Nina as she uses a broom to push dust around the floor.

"What are you doing?!" shouts her manager.

"I'm cleaning the floor like you asked."

"You've moved the dust around to look like a flower. This isn't clean, beautiful, but not clean! Sweep it outside!"

"But outside doesn't need this much dust. We should dispose of it properly by putting it in a big plastic bag that isn't biodegradable so that future generations can deal with it instead of us."

"Sweep it...outside!"

Nina does as her manager insists, all while reminding herself it's almost Friday and she can quit once she gets her paycheck, for with that paycheck she'll have enough money for her third trip.

"Here you go dust, out into the world," Nina awkwardly says to the lifeless dust.

"What the hell is this?" shouts the dust.

"Whaaaa? You're alive?"

"Yeah, I'm alive. And I could've sworn I paid rent this month. Why am I getting booted? This is an outrage!"

"I...my boss...he....said to put you outside."

The dust stands up and dusts himself on.

"You got some real nerve kickin' me outa my home. You're lucky I don't slug you a good one right here and now. I'm not afraid of you..." he pauses before finishing his cute little rant. Nina looks down to see him horrified by the sight of the broom. She smiles and begins to brush the floor, drawing closer and closer to him.

"Hey now, cut that...cut that out. Let's talk about this, we can settle this peacefully now."

Nina doesn't listen. Soon she sweeps over the dust man and he becomes scattered by the wind.

"Nina!" shouts her manager.

"Yeah!"

"It's Friday now. Here's your paycheck."

"Muahahaha!" Nina rips the paycheck from his hands and climbs onto her scooter. As she scoots away she shouts "Muahahahaha!"

1 Week Later:

"This beach is incredible."

"You're not on a beach."

"Excuse me?" says Nina as she looks up to discover who has interrupted her relaxation.

"You're lying in...*dramatic pause * DUST!"

"Dusty! It's you!"

"Dusty? What makes you think my name is Dusty? What, just because I'm made of dust I have to have a dumb name like Dusty? This is an outrage!"

Dusté begins to twirl around in the dust/sand/some sort of beach and as he twirls the dust/sand/some sort of beach combines with his own dust/dirt/some sort of beach to create...MEGA Dusté!

"You're almost five feet tall now!" Nina screams.

"That's right...and I'm going to get my REVENGE!"

"Someone HELP ME!"

The call echoes across the universe and rings in the ear of a certain hero – The Masked Hank hears the cry for help!

"Whatever, I'm eating a burrito," says The Masked Hank.

"No one ain't coming to save you, NINA!"

"Wait so; someone is coming to save me?"

"No, I said no one ain't coming to save you!"

"Sooo...someone is? Can we wait until they get here?"

"No one ain't coming! Now stop interrupting my revenge!"

"Just give it a couple minutes. He'll be here..."

"Who? Who will be here?"

"AAAAAACHOOOOOOO OO OOO OOOOOOOO!"

"Who that?" questions MEGA Dusté.

"It is I! And I am here to stop you!"

"And you are?"

"Dan!"

"Who?"

"Dan!"

"Yeah, you said that. I still don't know who you are though."

"What else do you need to know besides my name to know me? Want a drawn out diagram of who I am and how I came to be here at this present time?"

"It would help."

Dan draws his diagram in the sand as MEGA Dusté looks on and nods. While this is all going on Nina gets up and leaves.

"Where did she go?"

"I know right? How rude, I was going to save her."

"Damn. Well, it was nice meeting you, Dan. I'm gonna get going."

"Alright, have a good one."

"I'll have two."

"Hahahahaha!"

"Hahahahahahaha!"

*Dramatic Pause*

Copyright © 2016 Dan Leicht

Find more stories on DanLeicht.com

Follow Dan on Twitter - @Deeliopunk

You can also follow The Hank Saga on Twitter - @HankSaga