Tidal Wave (Hank Saga Story #24)

Tidal Wave (Hank Saga Story #24) By Dan Leicht/D.e.e.L

"Hey Nina. What's that you got there?"

"It's the newest tablet. Right now I'm surfing the web for nail polish recipes."

"Do people still say 'surfing the web'?"

"I don't know. Let me surf the web to find out. Wait, darn. My break is over. Here, find out and let me know what is says."

"Okay. But only because I want to."

"What?"

"Exactly."

Nina hands the incredibly smart tablet over to Dan who pulls his hand back at the last second so that it drops on the floor.

"What the hell, Dan?"

"Which one?"

"What?"

"Exactly."

Dan picks the tablet back up and begins using his hands to manipulate a touch screen like he had attempted to do without any success as a child in the 90's. Dan places the tablet onto the table that is on the other side of the bar in which Christina is serving drinks and Lance has his mouth under the slushy machine because the blue flavor is his favorite even though it's orange.

"What you got there?" asks a mysterious voice from almost twelve feet away.

"Who's asking?" asks Dan to the mysterious voice that is almost nine feet away.

"Me!" shouts the voice that is still mysterious because Dan hasn't turned around yet.

"Not you!!!" shouts Dan once he turns around to see MC Frisbee Rockstar eating a burrito made up of two tacos between two pieces of bread and a pepperoni salad.

"What are you eating?" asks Dan to MC Frisbee Rockstar.

"Eh, just a burrito I made out of two tacos between two pieces of bread and a pepperoni salad," responds the Rockstar.

"Sounds like something you made up."

"I found the recipe on the internet."

"This internet?" Dan shows the tablet to the Rockstar.

"Yea, that's the one!"

"Let's find it then because I don't believe you."

"That's kind of messed up, man. I mean...why would I lie about something as serious as my burrito?"

"That's what I'm here to find out!"

"Who said that?" asks Dan.

"I don't know," responds MC.

"I said it!"

"Who?" asks Dan.

"Yea, who?" asks MC.

"Guys...turn around."

They both turn around but don't see anyone. But the voice comes in again and they look down at the tablet to see Hank pounding on the screen.

"The tidal wave is coming!" shouts Hank from inside the tablet.

"Tidal wave? But people don't surf the web anymore, Hank. Get with the times," remarks Dan to the out of date Hank.

"Yes, they do. Who told you they didn't?"

"Social media did."

"Ahhh...I hate that stuff."

"Then why are you on it so often?"

"I'm not. You are!"

MC puts his hand onto Dan's shoulder.