21. christmas with the daddarios.

Start from the beginning

their parents — richard and christina — were lovely people to cassie. she adored them, even if she had only met them a few times.

"cassie, you're here too!" christina exclaimed just before wrapping her arms around the brunette.

"hi, mrs. daddario." cassie laughed and hugged her back, glancing at matt who just smiled.

"how many times have i told you to call me by my first name, love?" the mother playfully hit her arm and took a step back.

"enough times, i know." cassie smiled and looked up at richard.

"the same thing applies to me." he stated and gave her a short hug too.

"we just finished dinner. are you kids hungry?" christina asked whilst everyone stepped inside and took off their jackets. cassie didn't want to though, it was freezing.

"well, if you've made dinner, we'll eat." alex shrugged and looked over at her friend, slowly frowning with an amused smile on her face. "do you want to borrow a sweatshirt or a hoodie?"

"yes please." cassie answered quickly with a nod.

alex laughed as she dragged her friend with her up to her old room. matt turned around when a third voice called, grinning as he saw cat jogging towards him.

"hey!" he smiled when she hugged him tightly.

"i've missed you so much." she smiled and folded her arms together. "why are there way too many bags in the hallway?"

"oh, right, we brought someone." he answered after looking behind his shoulder. when he gazed back at her, her eyes were a bit widened and she had a huge smile on her face.

"matt... did you bring your new girlfriend?" she asked, causing him to press his lips together. "you did! i can't wait to meet her!"

"okay, calm down." he laughed and grabbed her shoulders. "yes, i did, but you should know it's c–"

"we're ready to eat!" alex cut him off loudly as she practically jumped down the stairs.

"god, you need to stop thinking about food all the time." cassie came after and locked eyes with the third girl in the room.

"cassie? what are you–" catherine began but then stopped herself. her mouth fell a bit agape and she then covered it with both hands. "you're his girlfriend? i can't believe none of you told me!"

"catherine!" cassie laughed and embraced her in a quick hug. "it's been a while."

"how did you two end up together? i mean, matt had quite the crush on you. did he finally tell you about his feelings?"

"cat, please." he mumbled and stared down at his sister.

"oh lord, did you tell him first?"

"perhaps we could discuss that later." cassie suggested with a laugh and glanced at the parents. "let's eat now, please."

"sounds great to me." alex grinned before moving towards the dining room, catherine following closely beside her.

"so you had quite a crush on me, huh?" cassie teased matt and hurried after everyone else.

after dinner — one that consisted of a lot of catching up and memory talking — matt and cassie helped cleaning the table and doing the dishes, which was very appreciated.

she decided to change into her usual hoodie and plaid, soft shorts because it started to get late, cold and the family wanted to watch a movie.

cassie placed herself beside matt and tucked some hair behind her ear. everyone else were still doing whatever they were doing, so he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and parted his lips.