Chapter 38 - Oh Keaton

Mels' POV

"Alright Wes. I'll be back later!" I shouted over my shoulder as I ran down the steps and outside. I was greeted by Keaton in his car, and I hopped in giving him a quick hug before shutting the door and we drove off.

"How are you Mel?" he asked

"I'm pretty fab but what else is new?" I laughed

"Thanks again for coming with me." he said

"It's cool Keaton. Where exactly are we going?"

"I was thinking we could go grab lunch then find a store that has what I need."

"That sounds good."

We went and grabbed lunch from In-and-Out and ate on the way to the stores. We went to this place that sold table cloths, and other fancy things.  

"Kaci likes the smells of like lavender, or summer. Try to get those type of smelly candles." I said and Keaton nodded picking up stuff and throwing it in the basket I was carrying.

"What exactly are you doing anyway?"

"I'm going to have nice dinner at the house for Kaci and I. She's been stressed out at work and I think this'll be a soother for her." he beamed

I couldn't help but smile he was too cute. "Keaton, you are such an amazing boyfriend."

"Correction, fiance."

"Oh I'm sorry, you're such an amazing fiance" I joked bowing and we both laughed.

"They don't have any of those candles." he said looking down

"Young Keaton, it's okay. We can go over to Bath&Body Works. They're having a sale on everything in the store!" I said excitedly.

"Okay, well when we leave here we can go there. I just have to get a lighter, some pasta and oil."

"What about vegatables? Drinks? You're just going to make my bestfriend eat food, and not have anything to wash it down with?" I laughed and he looked at me.

"Of course I'm going to get something to drink but that'll be last since I don't want it to get all hot and what not." he shoved me as he payed for everything then we left.

We headed over to Bath&Body Works where, like I said - was having a sale and he got Kacis' two favorite candles for $10.

I handed the lady the money, and Keaton looked at me baffled. "You didn't have to pay for that Melanie."

"It's cool Keat." I smiled and handed him the bag that held the candles, and I held the things I got.

Once Keaton had everything he need I went and helped him make shrimp alfredo and stuff for the dinner and at 6:30 he finally dropped me off at home.

"Thanks again, for helping me with the dinner. Kaci's going to love it." he said hugging me and I hugged him back.

"You're more then welcome Keaton. If you need anything else just call me."

I got out the car and walked through the door of the house. I walked in to see Wesley on the couch with headphones in his ears, and a phone in his hand.

"You know, you really shouldn't have your music up that loud. A murderer could come in and snatch you up like that." I said into his ear before jumping over the couch landing right next to him.

"Well, if you're my murderer I'm fine with that." he smirked and I burst out laughing. We kept talking and I swear his phone went off about 20 times within 5 minutes.

"Who's texting you so much?" I asked playfully peeking over and he moved his phone to the other side of him.

"Uh, no one." he replied looking at me and I scrunched my eyes.

I laughed a little, "So why are you acting so suspicious Stromberg? Let me see."

"No, it's nothing." he shot back.

I never really cared about whom Wesley talked to on his phone because I knew where we stood, especially since we're married now. I just didn't understand why he was being so defensive today because he knows how I am.

"It doesn't seem like nothing." I sat back leaving space between us, and folding my arms over my chest.

"Melanie, why are you making a big deal about it?" he snapped

"I'm not. You're the one yelling, and snapping at me. I was just wondering who could be texting you so much." I suggested trying to maintain my cool because I was really starting to get annoyed.

I got off the couch and act like I was walking away then snatched his phone and looking at the name. I unlocked his phone and the name 'Rita' showed up on the screen

"Give me my phone Melanie."

"Who's Rita Wesley?"

"No one."

"It doesn't seem like no one. Especially in this one text that said 'She'll never know.' and 'Can't wait to meet up either.' Gosh Wes, can we be married for a couple months before you start cheating on me?" I asked chuckling trying to seem like I wasn't over reacting too much.

He snatched his phone back and walked away from me. I sped walked to him, and grabbed his arm pulling him towards me. "You still never answered my question" I gulped.

He just stared at me. "Are you not going to answer me?"

"It's none of your business. Okay? Don't worry about it." he said harsher than I think he meant but his face was solid and I let go of his arm and backed up towards the door. "Melanie I-"

"It's cool Wes. Tell Rita I said hi." I scoffed, grabbing my stuff and walking out the house.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay hey. So I'm so sorry if this is a suckish chapter. I just started shool, and I've been wrapped up in the new story I want to post soon. I think this is like another filler and it's going to lead to the next few chapters leading up to the final. So, in the mean time - what do you think about it? Is it good? Bad? How about Keaton trying to be all cute with the dinner thing? Who do you think Rita is? Why is Wes so defensive? How should the next chapter go? LET ME KNOW! COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE. LEAVE FEEDBACK AND ALLLLLLLLL THAT!

PS/; SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS.