Chapter 29 - I Have To Go

Wes POV

I woke up the next day and looked over at Melanie who was still sound asleep. I threw on some pants, brushed my teeth and went over to the room where Keaton and Drew were. I knocked on the door twice before Drew opened it.

"Whaddup bro? How was last night?" he asked letting me in and I sat on the edge of the bed

I smiled thinking about last night especially when we got back to the hotel, "It was amazing. Beginning to end."

"Yea I know. We heard you." Drew laughed and my head shot up.

"You did?" I asked surprised

"No, but Drew just confirmed what you and Mel did and I did not want that picture in my head." Keaton admitted and I punched Drew in the arm.

"You're so wrong. What did you guys do last night?" I asked them

"Nothing, just chill in the room. Make new music" Drew started

"And ate food. Tons of food." Keaton added

"Well, when are we leaving?" I asked looking between both of them

"Uh, tomorrow." Keaton told me

"Okay. Y'all want to head to the gym for a little?"

"Yea I'm down." Drew jumped up and went to grab a water bottle before we left.

Melanies POV

I woke up to find an empty space next to me. I got up and showered then changed into some gray sweats, a white tee shirt, and my black and yellow running shoes. I put my hair up into a ponytail and walked around the room. I found my phone plugged into the wall near the mirror. I unplugged it and checked through my messages. I had over 40 missed calls and 50 text messages and they were all from Michael, and my dad. I quickly dialed my dad's number and it rang 6 times and went to voicemail.

"Hey dad, It's me. I'm sorry I missed your call. Call me back as soon as you get this." I said ending the call then dialing Michael, my moms' boyfriends number. He picked up on the fourth ring.

He sniffled, "Hello?"

"Michael? It's Melanie. Are you okay, I seen you called last night?" I asked

"Yea I'm fine but --" his voice softened before trailing off.

"Michael? What's wrong? Is it my mom?" I asked rapidly getting worried.

He sighed and it went silent before he began talking "It's your mom. She's in the hospital, she's not doing very well."

"Wha-what's wrong with her? How long has she been in there? When's she getting out?" I cried as tears formed in the corner of my eyes.

"Mel, calm down. Don't worry yourself."

"No, I should've answered last night but Wes and I were-"

"Mel! Calm down, I didn't want to worry you because I know your on tour." he said sounding sorry and stressed at the same time.

"Okay, just call me if anything else happens." I told him

"I will Melanie." he replied before hanging up.

I sat on the floor with my back pressed against the bed. I need to get a flight back to California ASAP. I opened a tab on my phone to book a flight for tomorrow morning and I would just tell Wesley when he got back to the room. My heart was racing, and I just realized that Michael didn't even tell me what was wrong with my mom which made me worry more. I sat there and cried on the floor. I called Michael back.

"Hello?"

"Michael? You never told me what was wrong with my mom." I stuttered

"They think she has -" he started but his phone cut off.

"Hello? Hello? MIchael?" I yelled into the phone before tons of tears escaped my eyes. I got up and started packing my bags grabbing any and everything I seen.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Wesley asked aloud but I ignored him, and kept packing. "Melanie, what's wrong? Did I do something?"

I tried talking but more tears filled my eyes, a lump got caught in my throat and I couldn't even speak. He pulled me away from what I was doing and dragged me closer and stroked my hair. We sat there for about 20 minutes before I actually talked.

"My moms in the hospital." I spoke and Wesley stopped stroking my hair.

"What's wrong with her?" he questioned

"I don't know. I called Michael and when I asked him, his phone disconnected." I sniffled "So I'm catching the next flight to California tomorrow. I'm sorry."

"Babe, don't be sorry. Me you, and MJ will be right next to your moms side." he said and I snapped my head up

"No, it's just going to be me and MJ. You have to finish touring."

"I know, but family always comes first. No matter what."

"I know that, and we're a family. Which means, I want you to finish touring while MJ and I head home. I'll keep you updated on everything."

"But, I don't want you to be alone."

"I won't be alone. I'll be with Michael. I'll be fine." I forced a smile.

"Well, when are you leaving?"

"I just booked a flight for tomorrow morning at 4. I'll call Breezy in a little so she can bring MJ back."

"Alrigt Mel. I hope your moms okay." he whispered

"I hope she is too." I sniffled as a couple more tears escaped my eyes as Wes pulled me over to the bed and we layed down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

WAAAAAH! HI EVERYONE :) Okay, so I know I'm late with a update and I'm BEYOND sorry plus this chapter kind of sucked so yea. Tell me what you think! What do you think is wrong with Melanies mom? Is she going to be okay? Thoughts on how Wesley was willing to stop touring to go with Mel back to California? LET ME KNOW. COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE. LEAVEFEEDBACK AND ALLLLLLLLLLL OF THAT! I LOVE YOU GUYS

PS:SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS, it's late.

xoxo

DeMya