Chapter 13: Meeting Nancy[Part THREE]

Mels POV

We walked in and I seen my mom and her boyfriend talking to one another in a booth towards the back. Once we got to the table I coughed and she looked up.

"Mel! Michael, this is my daughter Melanie and her boyfriend Wesley." she said motioning towards both of us. I took in Michaels appearance. He was at least 6'6 , full head of hair, caucasian, and did I mention he was built? Not too built but built, if you get my drift. He had green eyes with a bit of hazel and they were just amazing.

"Nice to meet you Mel. You're such a beautiful young lady." he said shaking my hand then Wes' before continuing."I know who you are. My niece watched you on X-Factor, cried when you guys left. Her mom had to buy her a gallon of cookies'n'cream ice cream and swedish fish icee's from Rita's for two weeks after it." he laughed

"Oh, well I'm sorry." Wes said with a smirk. "I didn't think us leaving would effect her like that."

"Oh it's cool. She's a little overdramatic. Said something about how she couldn't get E3 feels every Wednesday. You guys were amazingly good though." Michael replied as we sat down.

"So Wesley, how are you?" my mom asked and he looked at her.

"I'm fine." he replied with a stern voice.

"So Melanie. I hear you work at the Dior store up in the Hills?" Michael asked taking a sip of his water.

"Uh, yea. I've been working there for over a year now. It's beyond amazing." I told him excitedly.

"That's good. Are you still in school?" he questioned

"Yea, I'll be done soon. So what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?" I asked

"Oh, I'm an architect." he said.

"Oh that's amazing. How many years have you been doing it?" I asked hoping I wasn't getting too into his life already.

"12 years and counting." he smiled

"That's great. How did you and my mom meet?" I asked looking at him

"We had mutual friends and they introduced us. I didn't think we'd hit it off but I seen her and my whole outlook changed." he responded

"Yea. I didn't even want to date but I seen him and I was hooked." she giggled grabbing his hand and I seen Wesley snort and look out the window. He better not.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but is everyone ready to order?" the waitress asked staring at Wes.

"Yes. I'd take the steak with shrimp alfredo." my mom said while Michael nodded and said he'd like the same thing.

"I'll take the chicken alfredo and brocolli." Wes told the girl and I got the same thing. We finished talking until our food came.

"So Wesley. How do you like touring and meeting all the fans?" my mom asked.

"It's uhm, pretty amazing! You get to see their faces light up when you hug them and all that. It makes my day." he told them with a little edge to his voice. I kicked his foot and he looked at me.

Wes' POV

Melanie kicked me after I answered her moms questions. I looked at her and she gave me this death glare. We were only here for an hour and a half and at first everything was going good. But then everything that Mel told me her mom did to her kept popping up in my head and I couldn't deal. I was holding a conversation and sitting across from a woman that almost killed her own daughter ... over drugs. I got up and went to the bathroom but before I could walk in Melanie's hand connected with my arm.