Chapter 14: Birthday Surprise [Part ONE]

Mels POV

I watched as Wes got in the car and drove off with Drew. I was pissed at him but then again I understood where he was coming from.

"Honey?" my mom whispered from behind me then sat down.

"What did you say to him?" I asked without looking at her.

"What? He yelled at me!" she said taken back by question

"What did you say to him?" I repeated.

"He was acting distant so I asked him why he was so quiet compared to what you told me. He said he was trying to get used to me but I knew it wasn't that. I knew it was probably because I was on drugs and all that but he said it wasn't. So I told him to tell me what the problem was, he did and now we're here." she said and I knew she was telling the truth. Wesley wasn't the one to hold his tounge especially when something bothered him. Then there's my mom, who was blunt and that's where I got it from so I knew it had to be true. I sighed and rubbed my head, half in frustration and the other because I was tired.

"I need to go home and get some sleep. I'll call you tomorrow." I said walking away.

*At Home*

I pulled up to the girls and I's place and parked my car.

"Hi, Melanie. I heard your mom was in town." Alicia said from her lawn standing with some guy.

"Not now Alicia." I said over my shoulder before heading towards the front door. Shit, my phones in the car. I turned back around and went to get it then went back to the front door. I noticed that Kaylannies car was in the driveway. I needed to talk to her. I unlocked the door and seen her and her boyfriend sitting on the couch.

"Melanie!? What are you doing here?" she asked smiling and letting go of Jay to come run and hug me.

"Oh, I didnt know Jay was here. I can-" I spoke

"This is your house Mel, if anything I should go." he said smiling then coming to hug me too.

"No,it's fine. I just had a rough night." I told them.

"You want to talk about it? Kay asked looking at me

"No you have company. I'm going to bed, wait till I'm sleep to do y'all " I said looking between them and we all laughed. 10:58 p.m. My birthday was officially in less then and hour and I'm going to be sleep somewhere. I sighed and pulled off my shorts then shirt and blazer and shoes. I undid my braid and let the waves hit my back. I plugged my phone up and as soon as I did, I let my head hit the pillow and I was out.

*Next Morning*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIOTCHHHHHHHHH!" Kaylannie, Kaci and Iman screamed jumping on my bed. I grunted and looked around to see them all dressed and ready to leave.

"Thank You, Happy Birthday Kaci, now go away." I mumbled.

"NO! GET UP. We're taking you and Kaci out to breakfast .. Well lunch because it's almost 12. Come on Melanie, we don't have all day!" Iman said ripping the covers away from me.

"oKAY, oKAY. I'm going." I said grudgedly as I dragged myself out of bed. I grabbed some under clothes and my towel and started walking towards the bathroom. "Can one of y'all find me and outfit to kill time?"

"Sure!" Kay said before I shut the door. I turned on the radio I kept in the bathroom and got in the shower. I stood in there for 5 minutes before I actually started washing up. I washed my hair then hopped out so I could dry off put my underclothes on and brush my teeth. I was tired so I was going to put some Tresemme stuff in my hair so when it dried my curls wouldn't look too crazy. I walked out the bathroom and seen my outfit and the girls sitting on my bed.