Chapter 30 - Im Fine .. For Now

-Next Day-

I landed in California with MJ about an hour ago and I was on my way to drop the baby off at Laraines; Wes had called and told her what was going on and she agreed to keep MJ while I was up at the hospital. I told her it was okay but she insisted and she wasn't taking no for an answer. I packed an over night for both MJ and I then put him in the car and over to Laraines. When I got there she was sitting on the porch with one of her friends; I got MJ and all his stuff out of the car and took him up to the porch.

"Thanks again for watching him Laraine." I smiled genuinly

"Melanie, you know you can always drop MJ off over here. Have you heard anything about your mom?" she asked taking the baby out his carseat and holding him in her arms.

"No. Everytime I call Michael a doctor comes in and he has to hang up." I sighed

"Well, go ahead and keep me up dated. Oh, and call Wesley because he's been blowing my phone up wondering if you got here and why you weren't answering your phone."

"Oh, my phone was dead since we landed and I was so busy trying to get over here then to the hospital that I didn't even put it on the charger until I got in the car. If he calls after I leave tell him I'm okay and I'll call him later." I told her and she gave me a quick okay and hugging. I drove off and headed to the hospital.

-Hospital-

"Nancy Caldwell." I stated

"Are you immediate family?"

"I'm her daughter."

"She's in room 315."

"Thank You." I praised the nurse and took the elevator to the third floor and finding my moms room. I opened the door and Michael was next to her bedside sleep and so was she. I walked in and shut the door quietly behind me as I made my way over to Michael and lightly tapped him. He bolted up with bloodshot eyes and I kind of leaped back because he scared me.

"Oh Melanie. Your finally here." he exhaled heavily

"I got here this morning. What's wrong with my mom?"

He rubbed his face, "She overdosed and something else is wrong but they don't know yet. They've been doing test after test and we've only been here 2 days."

I looked at him a few moments trying to gather my thoughts. "She overdosed? I thought she stopped doing drugs. She lied?"

"She did. She had bad migranes and back pains and she took too many of the pills that were in the bathroom. When I came home from work around 10 p.m I found her passed out on the bathroom floor. I'm so sorry Melanie," he whispered crying

"It's not your fault Michael. You don't have to apologize to me at all; As long as your here for her I'm fine."

"Yea, but I know you were on tour with your fiance and the baby." he replied and I grabbed his hand.

"It's fine. They understand that family comes first" I smiled

Wes POV

"Hi Wesley!" a fan whispered

"Hi. How are you?" I asked

"I'm fine. I got this for you, this for Mel, and this for little MJ." she said handing me three seperate bags. I looked in my bag and she got me a watch, a OBEY hoodie, and hat.

"Thanks! This is freaking DOPE." I exclaimed kissing her on the cheek and hugging her. We took a picture and she left.

"That's sweet." Breezy said looking at me