Chapter 31 - The Truth

Mels POV

"Mom, are you sure you don't want me to stay because I will. We only have a couple more states until the boys come back here and then leave to Brazil. I can stay."

"Melanie. I'm fine, I have a few more test to do then I'll be good." she reassured. I studied her face, actions, and body. I don't want to believe it but I just feel like she's doing drugs again.

"Okay, well go get dressed because I'm about to leave for the airport."

"Alright, let me go to the ladies room and then we can go." she stated and I made my way downstairs to get a bottle of water and some food to last me for the ride. I looked around for my phone and remembered that I left it sitting on my moms bed when I was talking to her. I jogged up the long steps when I heard a strange gagging sound. I followed it and my feet landed in front of the bathroom. "Mom? You okay?"

"I'm fine Melanie. Go finish getting -" she gagged again " -your stuff." I barged in and seen my mom hovered over the toilet throwing up blood. She was trying to turn her head but her throat wasn't letting her because as of now it was playing a waterfall to her vomit.

"MOM!" I yelled running over to her and kneeling down. I tied her hair up for her and rubbed her back. I felt like the sober friend that has to baby her best friend who decided to get beyond waisted at a party. I told my mom I'd be back and went to get Michael.

"She's throwing up blood Michael and I don't know what to do." he looked at me wide eyed an ran to my moms side. I watched as he held her and talked to her until she finally moved away from the toilet. He held her in his arms and then she started shaking, sweating, and I could literally hear her losing her breath. I was in shock but somehow found myself moving towards her and sitting next to her holding her hand in mine. I looked at Michael and he answered without me saying a thing.

"She's having a withdraw."

Wes POV

"Have you heard from Melanie?" Drew asked

"No. She text me saying she was helping her mom with stuff so I'm not going to bother her." I told him grabbing a protein shake.

"You think her moms going to be good? They let her out the hospital pretty early." Keaton added

"Yea, I mean if there was something really wrong they wouldn't have let her right?" I asked in confusion and Drew and Keaton just shrugged.

"Well, we'll be in Philly in like an hour. I'm pretty stoked." I shouted

"Me too. Philly always gets me hype. It's something about it." Drew put in

"I know. Where's Kay?"

"Uh, I don't know. Were on the tour bus so she can't be far. I think she's on the phone?"

"Oh okay. Well I'm about to take a nap." I said before leaving them and heading to the bunks. I got in and turned towards the wall to see a picture of Melanie, MJ and I. It was when we all went to a water park right before the tour. MJ was having a blast splashing Melanie. I laughed thinking about it.

"Wesley. Wes, are you sleep?" Kay whispered from the other side of the bunk curtain. I opened it and glared at her

"Yes, Kay." I finally answered

"I have to talk to you. Come in the back."

"Is it that important. I want to take a nap.

"If it wasn't I wouldn't be bothering you ... duh." She had a point.

We walked back into the room and I took a seat next to her. She looked concerned and not all happy and upbeat like she normally is. "What's wrong Kay?"