The simple life...

" Mornin John " Sierra said as she was coming in for her shift at the local dive bar in her home town. She was a bartender since she graduated high school and that was just fine with her. Sierra was 25, with long straight auburn hair. Bright blue eyes that matched the sky on any given day. She was average height, tan skinned from the desert heat and she could hold her own like nobody's business. She used what God gave her to her advantage, big chest and curvy hips never hurt in her line of work. " "Mornin Sierra " The owner said as he was heading back to do inventory. She grew up here, in this sleepy little dust covered town. About 20 miles from Las Vegas, a town that if you blink driving thru it, your gonna miss it but that's what Sierra liked about it. Hardly any trouble, other then the occasional drunken bar fights and teenage kids up to no good. She never really had a serious relationship, and she was fine with that too. Everybody knew everybody and she felt safe. Her family has some land on the outskirts of town, borderline with the national park.. It's beautiful out there. All kinds of Critters running all over the place, and the land is peaceful, serene and calm.
Tonight was her busiest night. The weekends always brought everyone in to relax and have some fun. Blast the music and kick back. She wore her usual black mini skirt, and double tank top, with her ever faithful cowboy boots that she never went a day with out wearing. She kept her hair down with just alittle more makeup on then usual. The place was hopping by 11 pm and she was grateful. She could probably pay her rent with the tips she was making, which made her happy and relieved. She was wiping down the end of the bar when she heard the bar door open and someone came in. She threw her rag over her shoulder and made her way down, grabbed a coaster and placed it down. As she looked up to ask what they wanted she realized this wasn't one of her regulars. He was new, and drop dead gorgeous. He had a good ten plus years on her but she didn't ever think about age when it came to the opposite sex, she found older men alluring and sexy. He had long wispy brown hair that hung wild around his face, sharp jawline with alittle scruff on his chin, broad shoulders and thin build. But what caught Sierra's attention immediately were his eyes. Piercing royal blue with long black eye lashes. Dark but inviting. " Hey, what can get cha" " Jack n coke" He said without missin a beat. His voice and southern drawl sent a shiver up her back. " you got it" she said and made her way up the bar. As she poured the amber liquid over the ice she glanced up to look at the new face in town. His black cowboy hat covered most of his face from afar. He looked mysterious, almost dangerous but she could hold her own. And the Smith and Wesson under the bar would take care of the rest if anything got out of hand.

" Here ya go, One jack n coke" Sierra smiled and put down the drink. " Thank you" he said before downing the whole thing in one swallow." Ruff day?" Sierra smiled and poured him another. " You could say that" she nodded and walked away, taking care of the customers that were left. They traded glances with each other and smiles, well Sierra did most of the smiling, him.. not so much. He watched her work, staring at her intensely. She could feel him, looking at her and it made her nervous and exciting all at the same time. As the other stragglers cleared out of the bar, Sierra walked up to the quiet stranger. " Last call sir, would ya like anything else?" " Names Diego" He said as he pushed his glass to her, sticking his hand out for Sierra to shake it. " Sierra... Nice to meet cha". She placed her hand in his, she could fell the ruffness and strength in it. He slowly brought it up to his lips, and placed a gentle kiss upon it. Sierra could feel her pulse quicken and her knees go weak. He was suductive without even knowing it. She removed her hand from his gently and poured another drink. Her cheeks still tingling from the heat those rose into them, she place the drink down. " Since we're the only two left in here now, I don't gotta worry about you while I clean up do I ?" He stared into her blue eyes, "No ma'am". " All right then, you can stay and finish your drink, I'm gonna wipe down the tables and clean up."

" Ya mind if I play some music" Diego asked as Sierra pushed in all the chairs around the tables. " Go for it, somethin nice though ok?, I've had enough of the loud stuff tonight" He nodded and walked over to the jukebox. That's when Sierra got the full view of Diego and licked her lips unknowingly. Good lord he was handsome. And taller then she thought. He glanced over at her, with a smirk on his face and she quickly got back to cleaning up. Blushing red hot, cause she got caught staring at him. As she got closer to the tables near the jukebox, she heard one of her favorite songs come on. " Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline. She started humming to herself, swaying a-little as she rounded the last table. Diego noticed and walked up to Sierra slowly, so she wouldn't be startled. Sierra saw Diego walking towards her out of the corner of her eye, her heart started beating faster. He got within inches of her. Sierra had a knot in her throat, and was holdin her breathe. She looked up into those amazing blue eyes. " Come... Dance with me.."