Chapter XV | A Mother's Love

Benjamin lowered his sword and put it back in his sheath. With his golden eyes he looked at Regina, admiring her once again. Zelena smirked at him. She started to walk towards him. "Ben? I know I'm not your favorite person at the moment, but I'd like to speak with you alone," she said nervously.

"Alright," he said simply and they walked away from Cora and Regina. "What is it you want to talk about?"

She smiled slightly and said, "Ben, I know that you love my little sister. And after everything I've done to you and her I want nothing more than you two to be happy. When I found out that in the past I did love my sister I realized I was wrong. I was wrong for blaming my life on Regina. It was my mother's but if Regina can be forgiven for her actions so should my mother and I."

"Even though she may deny it because I hold my feelings in too, I know Regina loves you. I never asked her whether she did, but I just know by the way she looks at you. I highly doubt she'll make a move on you first. That's why I'm saying you should make a move. Admit your love for her, Benjamin," she said with hopeful eyes.

Ben smiled slightly. "The moment I saw her...I was instantly attracted to her. I saw so much sadness and loneliness in her eyes and it broke my heart. I was a bandit back in my land and I had broken into King Pharaoh's castle and stole the prophecy. It talked about destroying an evil sorceress. When I met Regina she said she was seen as the Evil Queen and I made a connection. And whoever this evil sorceress was I sworn to protect them and bring them into the light."

"I think you've done your job then," she said.

Ben chuckled. "I didn't initially think I would fall for the person I'm trying to protect, but it happened," he said with tears in his eyes.

"I don't think we ever plan on falling in love with someone. I barely know what that feels like."

"Barely?"

"There was a man that visited me in Oz. I thought I liked him, but he was just too deadly," she hinted. "But we should get back to them. And Ben? Do something about you and Regina."

He nodded as he walked away.

~•~

Cora watched as Ben and Regina left the wooden house. She turned to her eldest daughter and smiled. "We should join them against Tiepyrsseus and his tribe," Zelena suggested.

"Yes we should. No one will hurt my daughters," Cora said firmly.

"What about Ben?"

"We'll protect him too and Regina's boy Henry."

Zelena nodded and pulled her mother into a hug. "I love you, Zelena."

"I-I love you too," she admitted.

...

Unknown Location

Tiepyrsseus saw through the crystal ball what Zelena said. He felt betrayed and was furious. His skin caught fire once again and he shot fireballs everywhere across the room. "WE WILL KILL THEM ALL!!!"

"AND IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT I WILL KILL YOU AS WELL!!!" He screamed.

...

The Mansion

Ben braced Regina's back walking into the house. "Mom! Ben!" Henry exclaimed and ran to them, hugging the pair tightly.