Chapter II | Broomhill

The brown and dying leaves crunched under their feet as they kicked fallen sticks out of the way. Amber eyes scavenged the scenery as the eye's owner occasionally looked at woman walking beside him. "This forest is pretty," Ben said with his charming smile. 

Regina didn't say anything, she just walked through the forest with her arms crossed. "Not one to talk, huh?" 

   "You can talk.  But I won't listen," she said. 

   "Fair enough," he said with a chuckle.   "Aw c'mon lets talk a little.  Perhaps a friendship?" He offered. 

  "Okay then talk," she retorted. 

   "Well for starters I think you're not evil at all, just misunderstood.  You're pretty, and well...strong-"

   "Okay we've reached the road.  Get in the car, thief," she demanded opening the door.

"A car? What is this elegant thing? It's so...so shiny," he said touching her prized Mercedes.

"It's like a horse except with wheels. Just get in please and stop making everything difficult!" She shouted.

Ben reached for the handle and opened the car, getting inside. "It's a bit tight," he said.

She didn't say anything else and she drove off with this man she just met. Not knowing if she could trust him or whether he was just lying and was plotting to kill her. "So if you're not a part of these so called creatures than what are you doing here?" She asked, speaking up.

"Well like I showed...the prophecy sort of spoke to me as if it was destiny to fix the prophesied lady," he explained.

Regina slammed on the brakes and looked over to him. "Destiny to fix me? What's there to fix?!" She shouted.

"Regina you're broken I can tell. I can see it in your eyes, they tell a story. I take it's a painful one. We can mend each other," Ben said in a soft voice, staring her in the eyes. Regina momentarily looked him up and down, taking in his well-structured features. 

Regina scoffed then said, "You think you know me so well, don't you? No one does, but me," she said in a chilling voice.

She started driving again. "Careful there's a snake in the floorboard," she warned with a smirk.

"SNAKE?!!?" Ben shouted. "No no I'm terrified of snakes," he said, cringing at not being able to see the snake.

"Who are you Indiana Jones?" She asked.

"Who?"

"No one."

...
King Pharaoh's Castle: 5 Years Ago

   The middle-aged king sat upon his throne, his feet propped up as his wife Queen Analyn massaged his shoulders.  His grin grew as his son Prince Florence walked into the throne room. 

   "Father," Florence said upon entering. 

   Pharaoh slowly got off his throne, drunk off his ass.  "Son.  Are you ready for your journey to King Xavier's kingdom?" He slurred and messily grabbed his son's shoulder. 

   "Y-yes," he said nervously.  The handsome prince had fallen in love with one of the servants Fiona.  He didn't want to become king. 

   "Great you'll meet his wonderful daughter Princess...princess," he trailed off. 

   "Princess Elizabeth," the Queen finished. 

   "Ah...yes.  Princess Elizabeth.  You'll marry 'er and pop out a couple kids.  You'll make much currency, son.  You'll be king," Pharaoh said with a dry laugh.