Chapter X | Envy

"Sis?  Mother?!  What are doing here?"

    "Regina, this is your sister Zelena," Cora explained.

   "Hi sis!" Zelena said with a malicious smile as she twiddled her fingers.  Her gaze tracked over to Ben who pulled Regina into his arms.  "My my now who are you?"

   "Ben," he said and didn't say a word else. 

   "See Regina you've got your own town, you're queen, and you got yourself a man.  Those are things I deserve!  And now...I'm going to make your life a living hell," the red-haired woman threatened. 

   Ben held Regina tighter and glared at his friend's mother and apparent sister. Her and Zelena look nothing alike.  The witch and Cora vanished into a green cloud.  Regina shrugged out of Ben's grasp.

   "You never knew you had a sister?" He asked.

   "No.  My mother always lied to me!  I can never catch a break can I?!  She's a walking sack of lies!" Regina cried out and Ben wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. 

"It's okay. We'll figure this all out. Together," he said, holding her cheek.

Once again she freed herself of his gentle touch and started walking towards the diner. Ben sighed and followed after her. She pulled out her phone and called Emma.

"Hey Swan."

"Yeah Regina?"

"Can you get you and your parents down to the diner. It's important," she said with an exasperated sigh.

"Okay, fine. We'll be there shortly."

She hung up and put her phone back in her pocket. She tugged on Ben's hand but he was out of it.

I could see it on her gorgeous face. Fear, anguish, and fury. The way her nostrils would flare when she got mad, it's adorable. She's so misunderstood and I lo-

"Ben! Ben, c'mon," Regina shouted, snapping him out of his thoughts.

...

The Diner

   The pair walked in together as Granny was handling an order.  "Always comin' in together aren't 'cha?" She asked Ben and Regina.

"We're having a meeting with the Charmings," Regina answered and sat down next to Henry.

   Ben shook his head at his friend and Granny smiled at him before he went over to sit next to Regina.  "Uh...Ben, my mom and I need to talk so can you excuse us?" Henry asked politely.

   "Of course, Henry," he said with a smile and patted the boy's shoulder. 

   Henry grabbed his mom's wrist and pulled her towards the jukebox.  "Henry what's wrong?"

   "Mom I like Ben," he said.  Regina smiled vividly.

   "Well I do too.  He's a very loyal friend-"

   "But see that's the thing.  I think you like him more than that," he said in a serious tone.

   "Henry-"

   "No!  Mom seriously.  Don't you want your happy ending?"

   "Henry you're my happy ending," she said with a sad chuckle and grabbed his chin. 

   "No.  I'm a part of it.  Love's always a part of happiness.  Including romantic love, everyone deserves that.  Mom I want you to be happy."