Chapter V | Naiad

By morning Regina was sound asleep back in her bed.  When did I get here? Regina shuffled out of bed, rubbing her eyes and went to the bathroom.  After cleaning herself up she went downstairs to see Henry teaching Ben how a toaster works. 

   She paused at door way watching them and smiled.  "So it pops up when it's ready?" Ben asked. 

  "Yep and then you put some butter on it and it's delicious!" Henry said. 

   "This is incredible.  It's a tiny metal furnace that bakes bread slices.  Just not as stunning as the box with moving pictures," Ben said and turned to Regina.  "Oh good morning Regina," he said with a smile. 

   "Good morning Ben.  Henry," she said and smiled, kissing Henry on the forehead. 

The toast the popped up in the toaster, causing Ben to jump at the sudden movement. Henry grabbed the pieces of toast and handed one to Ben and gave himself one.  Regina ate an apple, like usual. 

"So these creatures, know anything about them?" Regina asked taking a bite of the her apple.

"Well firsts off they're atrocious.  All I know is that they're very powerful and they're coming after you," he said with nerves in his voice.  "But I will protect you and Henry at all costs," he said. 

   "You would?" Henry asked. 

   "Yes of course," Ben said wrapping his arms around Regina's and Henry's shoulders, pulling them closer.  "I care about you two."

~•~

The Loft

   Benjamin walked into the loft with Regina.  Henry had been sent to school, taking a break from the sudden drama.  There had been sightings of the creatures, eight creatures to be exact. 

   "Thank God you're here!" Snow scrambled, rushing over to the friends. 

   "What's going on?!" Ben asked.

   "The creatures!  They're at the docks," Snow explained. 

   "Oh that's great.  Well let's go then," Regina said, walking away. 

   "Now wait," Ben said, grabbing her arm and turned her around.  Snow smirked at them knowing Ben was attracted to Regina.  "Before we possibly get ourselves killed we should educate ourselves on these things."

   "Oh I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure earlier you said you knew nothing about them.  So you being the only one from their land--how are we supposed to find anything on them?" Regina asked, with hands on her hips and glaring. 

   "I didn't want to scare Henry," Ben explained.

   "Well then spit it out, Bandit," she said, using his former title again. 

   "There are eight creatures.  All with different powers but equally terrifying.  The first one is called Acephali.  He's a man without a head for his face, so it's on his chest.  The power to bring sandstorms.  The second is the Calydonian Boar, the power to bring massive devastating stampedes.  The third Campe.  A dragon-human-scorpion hybrid.  The fourth and fifth are Kallikantzaros.  Nasty goblins with power to set fire to the sky, basically a hell-ish rain.  The sixth is a Satyr, a human-horse hybrid with the power to seduce one by music with its flute.  The seventh is a Naiad, a sea-nymph with power much like Poseidon but limited.  And the last is Tiepyrsseus {tie-piers-see-us} (I made up), a man always on fire that shoots the hottest of fireballs that capture your soul."