Chapter IX | Unexpected Visitors

A/N: Let's just say that the only way to get The Land of Oz is through Jefferson's hat or trough a magical door. Or of course a magical green tornado.

   And since we never got enough of the Mad Hatter on the show he'll pop up in this book every once in awhile.  This chapter involves him.  There's never enough of big sexy (Jefferson).

~A Few Weeks Later~

The Enchanted Forest: Present Day

   Cora needed to find her daughter Regina and not only her.  She needed to find her eldest Zelena.  She needed to get to the Land Without Magic.  The older woman walked along the rotten wooden dock.  She was looking for a certain person a man.  A pirate to be exact. 

   Then she saw the man she was looking for: Captain Hook.  "Hello Captain," she said with flirtation in her voice. 

   He smirked slightly when he heard her voice.  "Hello Cora," he said, turning around and crossing his arms.

"Let's go on an adventure, Hook," she said, walking towards him.

"Trying to find your daughter?"

"Daughters. And I need your help along with another man's," she explained.

"Another daughter, aye? Someone's been busy. So where shall I take you?" He asked, trying to get to the point.

"To the Land Without Magic."

...

Storybrooke: Hours Later...

Jefferson was getting some groceries whilst his wonderful little girl was picking out her favorite snacks. He smiled at the thought of having her back.  He really loved his Grace. 

   He turned onto the back aisle and picked out some of things he needed.  Then all of the sudden strong arms wrapped around his neck, strangling him.  He tries to fend off the attacker, but was loosing air as he was being dragged into the back of the shop. 

   The pirate who was his art her swung his hook at the hatter, causing him to fall to the floor.  "Who the hell are you to-" the hatter began until he was silenced by the Queen of Hearts. Terror consumed him.

"Silence. Mm the Mad Hatter. Such a handsome young father.  I need a favor of you," she said.

   "If it's about traveling between worlds you can forget it," he stated.

   Anger flared in her mind and she started to choke the hatter with her magic.  "You will help me find my daughter or else I will rip out your heart and crush it!" She growled and let go of him.

   He gasped for air and coughed heavily.  "I-I don't even know if any of my hats will work," he explained.

   "Then you make them work not matter what," she threatened.

   Fear and anger darkened his blue eyes as his eyes bored holes in the backs of their heads.  If this plan ever involved his daughter he would immediately back out.  I'm sorry Grace.  I have to help them.  If I don't I'll die, and I'd be leaving you again.  And I can't do that.  He knew he and his daughter didn't have telepathy, but he just wanted to assure himself. 

...

   Grace had gotten all things she wanted and she scavenged the aisles for her papa.  Except she couldn't find him.  She started to worry and she feared that something bad had happened to him.  Or maybe he left her again.