Chapter XI | Wicked

Regina paced nervously around the foyer of her house. Ben had been "getting some air" for an hour. She was worried he might of done something stupid. Her heart was pounding in her chest, ready to jump out. She would be so relieved of Ben walked right through the front door, safe and sound. A wave of uneasiness washed over her.

She couldn't handle it anymore. She was far too worried about him. Taking action into her own hands, she grabbed her car keys and rushed out of her house.

...

The Loft

Regina banged on the door with her shaking hands. She had never been this nervous since Henry went to Boston on his own. Her mind was racing with thoughts of what could've happened. She had gotten Ben a simple cell phone, but he wasn't too fond of it.

Regina kept banging on the door and stopped when Emma opened. "God Regina! What's wrong?"

She rushed into the loft and Emma gave her a weird look. "Ben he's been gone for over an hour. I'm worried something's happened to him," she explained.

"Mom?  What's going you look really upset," Henry said and went and hugged her, bringing her some comfort.

   "Ben, he's missing.  He's been gone for over an hour."

   David could hear the conversation and he heard Ben's name.  "Regina just go home.  If he wants to come back he will.  But he's been gone an hour so I guess he doesn't want to come back then," he said and it really hurt Regina.

   Her face contorted as she tried to hold in tears.  She didn't know if they were caused by David or that Ben was missing.  She sat herself on the couch, trying to calm herself only to fail.  Henry was really concerned, but he also had an answer.  If she's this worried about Ben she must be in love with him.

Henry didn't like seeing his mom so distressed. She was on the bridge of tears and you could see that her breathing was irregular. Emma could see Regina too, and she felt bad for her. "Dad we have to do something. Do you even see her over there? She practically shaking with fear. It's our duty as heroes and her family that we help her," Emma said to David.

He sighed and glanced at the former queen. You could see that she had a tight grip on the cushions of the couch. He supposed that was her way of calming herself. "C'mon what Prince Charming do? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let a family friend get hurt right?" Henry asked.

"Snow," David called. "Snow, Ben's missing Regina, Emma, and I are going to find him. So can you watch Henry?" He asked.

"Yes of course. Oh my God," Snow whispered. She gave David a quick kiss before rushing over to Regina.

She got a look at her stepmother's face and it broke Snow's heart. Even though she tried not to show you could see the bloodshot eyes and the swollen red-rimmed lining of her eyes. "Oh Regina. You'll find him I promise," she assured.

"Thank you," Regina said, straightening herself up.

Snow know that look anywhere. It was walls going up again. She was locking her emotions away just like Emma did when she came to town. I saw the looks she gave Ben when he first came to Storybrooke. They were looks of annoyance and frustration. But now I can see in this situation, her eyes are filled with fear. How did I not see this before?! She loves him! And why not because Ben's kinda hot--no offense David--but I'm pretty sure Ben loves her too. That must be why he punched David. They love each other! That's it. This is my mission: Operation True Love.

The door slamming snapped Snow out of her thoughts and Henry tapped her arm. "Yes Henry?"

"Can we talk about something?" He asked.