Chapter XIII | The Mills Family

The Next Morning: Unknown Location

The tribe has awoken but Tiepyrsseus was always first. They all gathered around the table and took a seat as they awaited Cora and Zelena. "Good morning Cora and Zelena. You are aware that Benjamin Ainworth's brother Jonathan is dead?" Tie asked.

"No. I didn't know he had a brother," the witch said, taking a seat next to her mother.

"Well he is. He was a captain back in Eldaland; part of King Pharaoh's army. We are very old Zelena. We have been through many reigns."

"How much longer until we attack?" Zelena asked, relieving a concerned look from her mother.

"Tomorrow at dusk. At the clock tower, Main Street," Tie said in a deep voice.

"I could take care of Ben for you," Naiad said seductively, remembering how handsome Ben was.

"No. Our plan is to destroy the Evil Queen. And as you've told me Zelena Ben is in love with her. Once she dies he'll also be destroyed. It's a fate far worse than death."

"Oh how I'd love to see his beautiful golden eyes fill with tears! We-"

"Enough! I beg of you please don't hurt Regina-"

"We're not killing a person named Regina Mills we're killing a monster spawned from Rumplestiltskin-"

"Rumplestiltskin? Of course he is behind this," Tie growled.

"You have a history?" Zelena asked.

"Indeed. I am older than he. I am wiser than he. Dark One or not I am power! He was visiting Eldaland once. We made a deal that once I die one day I will rule Tartarus. I signed the contract and he said don't hold my breath on it."

"He's like that."

Tie stood up and looked over his tribe and the women. He cracked a smile and said, "Tomorrow the Evil Queen will die."

Zelena laughed maniacally and she clapped her hands at the announcement. The Evil Queen will die.

...

Granny's

Ben, Regina, and Henry walked into the diner and the first person that ran up to them was Winter. "Benny! Gina!" She exclaimed and hugged them tightly. "Can you guys sit with me?! Derek's talking to are possible adoptive parents."

"Oh that's exciting. Do you like them?" Regina asked as she sat down next to Henry.

   "Ehh.  Kind of.  It's just odd."

Ben was sitting next to Winter and she snuggled up to him. "You are very handsome Benny!"

He chuckled and looked over to Regina, a blush instantly appearing on his face. "I guess this is really an annoying my to the entire town but--"

"But what Ben?" Regina asked.

"Are you pregnant, Benny?"

"No." He said with a smile that quickly faded. "Regina, last night your mother came into my room. Now don't be alarmed she didn't do anything. She told me that your sister is planning to attack the town and specifically you tomorrow."

Silence washed over the table. "She told you that?"

"Yes. She does care about you, Regina. She wants to change and she's scared to loose you."

Tears formed in her eyes as she tried to grasp the concept of her mother loving her. It was foreign to her.  "I know it's hard Regina.  But I didn't even get to see my mother.  But you can!  So whatever needs to be fixed you need to work for it!  Talk to her somehow," Ben said, clearly getting emotional over his mother.