Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The next several seconds felt like hours. Nobody said a word, only the sound of Marianas babbles filled the silent room. Neymar stood there not saying a word. Rafaella was trying to stand as far away from me as she can. Melissa was confused at what was going on.

"This can't be true." Neymar stormed out the door.

When he slammed the door, I released I breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"What just happened?" Melissa asked." I walked in here and all there was silence. Neymar looked like he was going to commit a murder, Rafaella looked like she was going to cry and Cassandra you looked like a child who was about to get a spanking."

"He knows." I said.

"Are you serious!" She gaped.

I nodded. "That wasn't how he was suppose to find him."

Melissa opened her mouth to start speaking again, until a weeping Rafaella intervened. "I'm so sorry Cassandra. I know you hate me so much right now, but I'm sorry. I couldn't handle him being angry and I thought him knowing he has a daughter would make him happier."

"By the way he stormed out the door, I assume it didn't lighten up his mood." Melissa said under her breath so I could only hear.

I pretended I didn't hear her and started comforting Rafaella."Rafa I don't hate you."

She wiped her eyes, and looked at me as if I had 3 heads and an eye in the middle of my forehead. "You don't?"

I shook my head. "You said the truth, and that's what he wanted to hear and if he didn't accept the truth then it's his problem not yours."

Melissa stared at me. "You're acting really calm for something that has been bothering you for months."

"How do you want me to react?" I asked.

I grabbed Mariana out of her arms and started cradling her.

"I thought you would start crying and be freaking out." Melissa said.

"The truth came out, he freaked out, and left. That's exactly how I imagined it. I had prepared myself for that to happen. I'm not going to cry over a guy. It's not worth it." I told them.

They both started feeling my forehead. "Are you okay? You're not hallucinating anything right?" Rafaella asked.

I shoved them both away. "I'm fine. You guys need to stop worrying so much."

Melissa and Rafaella went over to the other side of the room and started whispering. "You guys do realize I'm standing right over here."

And of course they ignored me and continued whispering. 3 minutes later, they came back.

"Do you need anything?" Melissa asked.

"We can stay over if you'd like." Rafaella said right after.

"Stop it you guys." I silently yelled, "I told you guys I'm fine and you don't need to worry. I have Mariana here to keep me company. Go home."

"Are you sure?"

I groaned. "Yes I'm sure. Just go."

I pushed them both to the door with my free hand.

Thy were almost it out the door but before they got out they started yelling out sentences.

"Call us if you need anything."

"Are you sure you don't need anything. You know, like support?"

"Where here to help you."

"Don't do anythi-"

I shut the door before they could finish talking. I love the girls a lot, but they can be a handful sometimes. Sometimes I need a break from them.

I lied. The truth, is I'm not okay. It's easier to lie then accept the truth. But the truth will always come back, if you like it or not. This isn't Rafaella or Neymar's fault, it's mine. I took the easy path, and this is where it lead me to. I was living in a world where I thought that lying could lead me to a better path. But it didn't. I'm the one to blame.

I took a seat on the couch and stared at Mariana. She was staring at me like she knew what I was going through.

"Everything's gonna be alright my love." I whispered.

I caressed her head. My vision started getting blurry, and instead of holding in the tears, I let it out.

Once you start crying, it's harder to stop it. If Melissa and Rafaella were here, nothing would come out, not even a single drop. But now, I could probably fill a cup with my tears.

I wasn't prepared for Neymar to storm out, I wasn't prepared for anything. If I had knew that this would hurt this much, I would have been prepared, but no matter how prepared you are, it's still gonna hurt.

The alarm on my phone started ringing, alerting me that it was time for Marianas nap. I wiped my eyes and stood up. Mariana was already fast asleep in my arms. I guess being with Gala and Melissa tired her out.

I laid her in her crib and sat in the rocking chair next to her crib. I stared at her for the longest time, and admired her features. Her button nose was the most adorable thing ever, and her bright round eyes could light up a room. Her little grin could cheer anyone up.

I'm extremely lucky to have her in my life. Without her, I would be a mess. She is and will always be my sunshine.

I was about to do laundry, when the doorbell rang. I looked in the mirror that was in the hallway, and I looked like a mess. My hair was in different directions, my cheeks were stained with tears and my eyes were red and puffy.

I quickly tried to smooth my hair down and get rid of the tear stains. I did what I could and went to the door, praying that the person at the door had left. But the door bell rang again.

Who could be at the door. It could be Melissa and Rafella, but they probably wouldn't come back after I had pushed them away.

The door bell rang again. This person sure is impatient. Maybe there here to kill me. I shook my head. This area has really good security so I doubt it.

Instead of keeping the person waiting any longer I opened the door.

I was surprised at who was at the door.

"Neymar?"

"Can I come in?"

***********
I was going to post this yesterday, but people came over and that was extremely distracting but now it's up.
Hope you guys enjoy today's chapter
Remember to vote
comment
and follow me for more