Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"She does look like me." He whispered.

With no time to react I quickly replied, "What?"

Neymar chuckled. "My sister Rafaella, sent me a bunch of selfies with her. It's not like she's my daughter or anything."

Well.. She is.

I did a slow unsure laugh. "Yeah... She does look like you.."

He continued staring at her. "Are you going to the party tonight?"

Thank goodness he changed the subject.

I nodded. "Your sister invited me, and I really couldn't say no."

He laughed. "That does sound like her. Never taking no as an answer." He paused. "Do you need a ride?"

Just as I was about to reply, Melissa came out. "Yes she does, I'm really sorry Cass. I have to take Marc home for a change of clothes. The clumsy boy forgot to bring extra clothes."

I swear if looks can kill, Melissa would be dead right now.

"Great." I gave Melissa the, I will kill you smile.

"I'll get you Marianas car seat." She ran out as fast as she could.

"I need to go get my stuff then we can head out." Neymar said.

"Alright."

He went back into the locker room and came back out in less then a minute. It seemed like I was struggling to carry my big purse and Mariana, and Neymar right away came over and asked if I need any help.

"Here let me carry your bag." Neymar offered.

I quickly shook my head. "Oh no. I'm fine."

He ignored me and grabbed my purse out of my hand. Let me tell you how ridiculous he looked with a black purse hanging off his shoulder.

We walked towards his car and Melissa was standing there with the car seat in her hand. Once she saw us she quickly ran over to us and shoved the car seat into Neymars arms.

"See you later, Cass!"

I started at her. What is with her rushing.

"You do realize there not going home to get Marc a pair off clothes right?" Neymar spoke.

I was confused at what he was saying. "What?"

Then I realized what he meant. With a quick reaction I slapped his shoulder. "There is a child here!"

All he did was toss his head backwards and laugh. Asshole.

•••••

The car ride was awkward. It wasn't the type of awkward where nobody talks, it was the type of awkward when you try to make small talks, then after a few words it turns dead silent. If it wasn't for Mariana's little noise and her being there in general, I would of jumped out of the car.

The fact that he didn't recognize me in the car ride was a huge relief. It would've made everything more awkward. The less he remembers, the better.

When we arrived at his house, scratch that it wasn't a house. It was a mansion. If I knew that kicking a ball on a field would get you this far, I would've done it a long time ago.