Chapter 38

Because she always leaves such sweet comments :) Thank you for supporting this story! :D

______________________________________

Thirty Eight.

D a n i e l.

I was surrounded.

There is nothing in the world, in all of my immortal world for that matter, that could possibly make my life any worse. That hopeless truth hit me so hard. We were never going to be together.

I could see her and feel her. I could talk to her, if she were awake of course. But I couldn’t have her. We couldn’t be together.

She was so close.

I stopped feeling. I was numb. A little melodramatic, but that was the truth. There were so many things we never got to do. I never got to actually be alone with her, to actually get to know her.

I watched with a new found hatred as Angelo stalked towards me slowly. This hate, wasn’t because my father was held here. It wasn’t about Aria on that stone table, looking more dead than Henry down those stairs. It wasn’t even about the fact that I couldn’t be with her.

It was because I knew what vampires were. We were liars, savage hunters. Greedy soulless monsters. And we will never stop until we get what we want the most. Even if death is right in step with what we want. I hated what we were, what I made Aria.

His men were quite a few ways behind me, never getting close, but never moving far away either. He didn’t say a word as he brought the same blade he threatened to kill Aria with, right in front of me.. I could smell the venom that laced its blade. My hands were clenched tightly at my sides. I wanted so badly to claw his face off. But I was outnumbered. There were too many guns pointed at me.

My brother’s faint groans of pain ceased. I briefly scanned his thoughts, but I felt nothing. He couldn’t be dead yet. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if he was. I could hear his struggling pulse. Maybe there was still enough time to get all of us out of here.

But how?

My eyes scanned the room. There were a lot of windows, but they were adorned with thick heavy curtains. I couldn’t see if they were easy to break or not. The only door was the one I came through and another small door behind the table where Aria laid.

Everything was still, but a small flash of white blurred behind Angelo right where I was looking. I tried to keep my face blank, but my curiosity was eating away at me.  I let my thoughts wander, opening my mind up to anything, or anyone that might be in here with us.

I could hear the thoughts of Angelo’s guards, Joseph, and Angelo himself. But I couldn’t sense anything else. I knew there had to be someone else here. I couldn’t be hallucinating. Who ever this person was, they were really good at concealing themselves.

Jonah….

Then it all clicked into place. The white, the fact that I couldn’t read their thoughts… it was Jonah. But how did he get up here unnoticed?

“Jonah!” I called out to him in my mind, with a new plan forming in my head. If there were two of us, we had a better chance of getting out of here alive.

“Jonah, I know its you. You’ve got to listen to me. We need to get both of them out of here.” I said, my desperate tone making me wince. I didn’t think there would ever be a day where I would beg this mongrel for help.

Angelo stalked closer, the blade pressed against the side of my neck. The smell of the venom was so strong. It was the only thing I could register at the moment. His evil face was contorted into a grin.