Chapter 72

"Jo, come on, get up." Alaricas said loudly.

I groaned and smacked him with a pillow, "You're an asshole."

"I know, but you love me anyway."

I grunted in reply as I dragged myself out of bed. I leaned against Alaricas, resting my head to his chest.

"Carry me to the truck?" I asked.

He chuckled and kissed me on the head, "Anything for you, darling."

After we had a steamy shower, thanks to Mr.Horny, we got dressed and brought our stuff downstairs. Barely anyone ate breakfast, none of us were huge on eating at five thirty in the morning.

Alaricas threw our stuff into the SUV, he then walked back over and picked me up bridal style. I laughed as he kissed me on the lips and placed me in the passenger seat.

Cain and Mae hopped into the backseat and buckled themselves in. After Alaricas made sure everyone was in, we started the long drive to the airport.

I laughed as Alaricas whined about mine and Cain's singing. Mae was out cold, leaning her head against the window.

After a while, I started to fall asleep too, curling up in the seat. I listened to Cain and Alaricas talk before the darkness drowned me.

I felt myself being lifted and sparks going through me. I cuddled against Alaricas as he gave orders to people. I was still barely awake as Alaricas started walking somewhere. I opened my eyes every now and then, but my exhaustion was taking its hold on me.

We eventually boarded the plane, I chuckled as Cain quickly grabbed a window seat. His eyes were bright with excitement, Mae only laughed and shook her head at him.

I was wide awake after a few minutes, but Alaricas was out for the count. I smiled as I gently ran my fingers through his hair.

It's funny to think about the last time I was on a plane, I was dreading seeing Alaricas again. I was so sure I hated him that I wanted to truly kill him. Now? Well, now, I can't see my life without him.

He's my everything, just like how I'm his everything. I'm terrified of losing him tomorrow, of never seeing him again. I'm scared that I'll never hear his voice again, never feel his arms wrapped around me, never feeling the love of my soul mate.

Tears pooled into my eyes and my heart started to race. I suddenly felt his hand give mine a gentle sqeeuze. I looked back over to see him staring at me.

"You're not going to lose me and I'm not going to lose you." He stated firmly.

I frowned, "But what if I do?"

He smiled softly and kissed me on the lips, "Then you find happiness. You find someone who will love you like I've loved you. Maybe even a little better than me. You lead the pack with them and raise a family with them and know that I'll always be with you. No matter what."

I hugged him close to me, "You are my happiness, Alaricas. There is nobody else."

He sighed and hugged me back, "That's exactly why you won't lose me. You stay by my side for as long as you can tomorrow. I'm not losing you."

"I'm not losing you either." I murmured.