Chapter 4

He laid beside me, his arms wrapped around me, pulling me against his muscled chest. I ignored him, refused to even show any sign of me acknowledging him. He sighed and started to comb his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I didn't say anything, I couldn't. He can't just abuse me every day and then say sorry, it doesn't work that way.

"It wasn't me."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wasn't you? I'm pretty sure it was."

"You don't understand." He sighed as he sat up.

I sat up as well, "Then explain."

"I can't. Not yet."

"I hate you." I spat.

He looked at me, his eyes were filled to the brim with hurt, but I didn't care.

Tears ran down my cheeks, "I hate you."

When I woke up I was met with a furious Alaricas, he immediately grabbed me by my hair and threw me against the wall. He pressed his body against mine and roughly kissed my
neck.

"Maybe I should try teaching you a different lesson." He breathed.

I woke up with a start, my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking. I looked around to see Kayla out cold against my brother who was also asleep. I looked ahead to see my mother reading a book and my father sleeping.

I swallowed, running my hand through my hair, I got up and went to the bathroom. I closed the door and puked in the toilet, hot tears pooled in my eyes and slid down my cheeks.

I haven't had a nightmare like this in a while, why do they have to show up now? I sighed and flushed the toilet, as I washed my hands I stared at my reflection.

Was I really as ugly as he said? I frowned, my brown hair looked sort of flat and my once bright blue eyes were a little dull now, but that's because of him. I glared at the large scar running from the corner of my eye to my lower jaw.

You survived. I thought to myself.

I shook my head, I shouldn't care anymore, I'll eventually find someone else. Scars can look somewhat attractive right? I mean, I find guys with a few scars, hot.

"Jo, you okay?"

I looked up as I exited the bathroom, my brother gave me a worried look. I forced a smile, but it did nothing to hide the fear on my face. Pretty sure it looked like I wincing.

"No." I whispered.

He sighed and pulled me into a hug, "We won't let him touch you." He murmured.

I sat down in my seat and rested my head in my hands, I closed my eyes, trying to get myself to relax.

"We're thirty minutes away." Kayla said, resting a hand on my shoulder.

I swallowed, "Okay."

Thirty minutes away from hell. Wow, never thought hell could be this close.