Chapter 47

"I just fucked up."

"What do you mean?"

"My mate brought her nephew over and I sort of dropped him. He fell onto the bed, but he was crying and we just stared at him. Then we got into a fight, telling each other to pick it up."

I silently watched as Cain and Eduardus talked. Alaricas was out cold beside me, sleeping peacefully. I felt guilty when I woke up this morning to see him awake. After some threats, he finally admitted to me that he stayed up all night to keep me safe.

"It? Honestly, it is a he! He's a pup! How do you drop a child?" Eduardus groaned.

Cain folded his arms across his chest, "He bit me."

Eduardus just stared at him before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"And you called me the idiot."

"Are you calling me an idiot?" Cain growled.

"Well, I'm not calling you smart!"

"Asshole!"

I frowned as Alaricas stirred a little beside me, I sighed and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Guys, can you stay quiet? He's sleeping and had a huge migraine. I want him to sleep." I asked.

Both men glanced at me and quickly nodded, I shook my head as they scurried out of the room. I chuckled a bit when I heard them arguing in the hall.

I finally burst out laughing when I heard Mae scolding Cain before the sound of a smack echoed.

"Stop. Trying to sleep." Alaricas mumbled as he turned over.

I looked at him to see his eyebrows furrowed in pain. Sweat was soaking his hair and he was groaning in pain.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly.

He winced, "My head."

I frowned at him before getting up to find medicine. I quickly found some medicine and ran back over to him. I read the directions and groaned. He already had three pills, four hours ago.

"You have to wait two more hours." I murmured, running my fingers through his hair.

His grip on the sheets tightened and his face paled. I sighed, I've never seen someone get a migraine like his. I laid beside him before wrapping my arms around his body.

He turned back over, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. I didn't complain though, I enjoyed wrapping my arms around him. After a few more minutes, he finally relaxed. He was snoring softly against the skin of my neck, his body was tense for a bit, but he was now laying partially on me.

I snapped my head up when the door opened, revealing Eduardus. He silently walked in and released a breath.

"Here, give him this. He used to take it when he was younger. He has a history of bad migraines." He explained.

I thanked him as I took the bottle, "Your parents are listening and staying away from the packhouse?"

"No, they're trying to get in. I have guards everywhere. The pack is worried about you two." He informed me.

I frowned, "I know, I'm trying to be strong. It's just..."

"I know, they scared you. Trust me, I'll make sure they won't do anything to you again. You're like a little sister to me."

I smiled as he ruffled my hair, he looked over at Alaricas. A frowned appeared on his face, his eyes were filled with sorrow.

"He's going to get better...right?" He whispered.

I nodded, "Yeah, he's strong."

"I know, I'm just worried."

"Hey, did you ever find your mate?" I asked.

He stiffened, pain filled his eyes before he looked down. "Yeah."

I frowned at him, "What happened?"

He swallowed, he ran his hand trough his hair a few times.

"I got into a fight with her brother at a bar, we were both drunk. He ended up in the hospital for two weeks. He challenged my wolf and I...I didn't have control. When we found out we were mates she...she told me she hated me."

Tears pooled into his eyes.

"I can feel the pain each night."

It doesn't take a genius to know what he's talking about. She's mating with someone each night, causing him pain. He didn't show it though, he seemed healthy. Then again, he wasn't focused on his mate.

"Who is she?" I questioned.

Just like Judas and Evelyn, I want to fix these two, too. Even if I can't get them together, at least make her reject him. Doesn't she know the pain she's putting him through?

"Her name is Amelia, she's part of this pack. It's fine though, I'll find someone else."

He forced a smile, but I could still see the pain on his face.

"E-even if I don't...I don't need someone to love me, right? If I j-just love myself then...I-I'll be okay...I'll be okay."

I shook my head, "Don't doubt yourself, Eduardus. You're going to find someone else."

He nodded, but I knew he didn't believe me. He quickly excused himself before sprinting from the room.

I don't like this Amelia.

A/N: This will introduce Eduardus' story, but it won't give you it's ending. There will be drama with Eduardus and Amelia, but I need it in here for what it's going to cause.