Chapter 30

Two weeks went by quickly, they were filled with many conversations. Throughout those two weeks I got closer to Alaricas. I was now at the point that I wasn't afraid of being near him or touching him. I was still too scared to step up into the mate-relationship though. My trust was slowly growing, but there still wasn't enough for me to move on.

I also trained and cared for the pack while I was away from him. Nicole helped me by organizing patrols and training times. I ended up making Eduardus beta, which he gladly agreed to.

I was going to have Nicole and Jayden as the betas, but both refused it. Stating that they weren't good enough for that job.

Cain and Eduardus did track Jefferson down until they reached the river. Now, we're trying to figure out if he's still on the territory, living alongside the river's banks. Or if he's across the river, living in the neutral territory that rogues live in.

Alaricas was terrified of him capturing him again, but now that he's working out and training more, he's starting to gain his confidence back.

Along with his ego. As if that wasn't big enough already.

"Hey, crazy bitch, did you see my highlighter?" Alaricas asked as he searched through his desk.

I looked up from the documents and frowned, "No."

"Damn it. I just got that too." He mumbled.

I chuckled and looked back at the document of his mother. After Eduardus told us that their parents were practically begging to speak to Alaricas, my oh so lovely alpha, decided to do some research.

I just rolled my eyes at him, even if they did try hurting him, I would be there to kill them. I've killed before, I can do it again.

"So, did my so called mother do anything?" He questioned.

I sighed, "No. She did execute a few rogues, but that's about it."

He grunted in reply.

I closed the document and ran my hand through my hair. I bit my lip as I glanced at him. He was staring at a document, his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration, he had glasses on, and his dress shirt was unbuttoned a bit. He had his sleeves rolled up halfway, his head rested on his hand, and his feet were up on his desk.

I hate to admit it, but he looked way more than just hot at the moment. He was sexy and my wolf and I were starting to get a little thirsty. I quickly snapped myself out of it though and swallowed.

"We should start focusing on finding Jefferson." I stated.

He looked up with a raised eyebrow, he stared at me for a split second before looking back down.

"Cain and Eduardus are already on it. Jayden and Nicole set up larger patrols on the borders." He answered.

I nodded, "Okay, well, I'm going to workout. I've been sitting in here all morning."

He chuckled, "Go ahead."

I sighed as I took a sip of my water, I glanced in the mirror to see my body covered in sweat. I placed the bottle down before walking over to the weights.

"Damn, you've been in here for an hour and you're just getting to the weights?"

I snapped my head up to see Alaricas walking in, I bit the inside of my cheek when I saw what he was wearing. He was wearing basketball shorts and a black shirt that hugged his body.

In just a week, he managed to gain a lot of muscle. He's lucky he's a werewolf, we gain muscle easily and lose weight like it's nothing. I felt bad for the humans, my close friend was a human. She knew what I was and was jealous of my ability to have a nice body, but I don't see why. She had a better body than me and had half the werewolf guys falling for her.

I quickly tore my gaze away from him, "I was running."

"I can tell."

I quickly picked up the weights and started doing my exercises. After a little while of silence, Alaricas suddenly gets up from whatever machine he was using.

He sighed and took off his shirt, showing off his muscles. I gritted my teeth when I saw him smirk at me. Oh yeah, his ego has definitely grown.

We both looked over as a brunette girl walked in, she noticed Alaricas and batted her eyelashes.

"Hi, Alpha." She said while getting close to him.

Alaricas frowned at her in confusion.

"Why are you pressing yourself against me? Is this how you greet people? If so, that's weird." He stated, gently pushing her away from him.

She shrugged, "I know you like my boobs against you."

"Actually, I don't."

"Oh, stop being such a...virgin. I know you liked it. Can you help me with my yoga?" She asked.

Alaricas pinched the bridge of his nose, "No."

She frowned at him, "Why not? I need help."

"I'm sure my mate would love to help you." Alaricas replied with a smirk.

The girl clenched her jaw as she quickly looked at me. She narrowed her eyes before looking back at Alaricas.

Her eyes were black with lust, I could
smell her arousal and it was sickening. Alaricas took a deep breath and growled lowly.

"You're in heat." He stated.

She smirked, "I am."

I clenched my jaw as he gently placed his hands on her hips. He leaned down and smiled.

"Then go back to your room, lock your door, and gain a little respect for yourself. Don't try using your heat on me, sweetheart, it won't work." He growled before spinning her around and shoving her towards the door.

The girl pouted at him, but when he growled angrily, she took off. He sighed and sat down.

"Why can't girls leave me alone?" He grumbled.

"I have a fucking mate."

I chuckled, "Because you're attractive like every other alpha. Well, besides my dad and uncle Cain. I don't look at them that way."

"Ah, so you think I'm hot?" He grinned.

"I said attractive, not hot." I sighed.

"But you think it."

"Do not." I retorted.

I think you're way more than hot.

"Darling, don't lie to yourself." He chuckled.

I sighed, "I liked it better when your ego wasn't so big."

With that said, I grabbed my bottle and stormed out of the gym. Not before he decided to try to get the last word in.

"But not as big as my-

"Don't even finish that sentence, Alaricas!" I snapped, cutting him off.

Oh yeah, he's feeling way better around me.