Chapter 75

I yawned as I walked into the infirmary, Mae had called and told us that Cain wanted to see everyone. My parents were fixing a few issues in my old pack, so, it was just me, my half asleep mate, Gabriel, and Kayla.

I looked over at Alaricas to see him still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. I chuckled softly before hugging him.

"I love you." I mumbled.

He smiled and kissed me on the head, "I love you too."

When we walked into Cain's room, I gaped at him.

"Cain....how did you manage to get a lion cub?" I asked.

He looked over at us with a tired smile, "Oh, hey! Oh, this is Tampon. He's not mine, he's Mae's."

I slowly looked at his grinning mate, "I have my ways."

I rolled my eyes, but walked over and gently hugged him. He hugged me back before picking up the cub.

"Pet it."

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at Mae, she was laughing with tears in her eyes.

"He has been like this all morning. The drugs hadn't worn off completely yet." She explained.

I nodded, "Well, that explains a lot."

"Tampon? Why did you name it Tampon?" Gabriel questioned.

Cain shrugged, "I find that word funny."

"Of course you do."

We spent a whole hour with him until he fell asleep. Mae gently ran her fingers through his hair when the pain medicine wore off.

"How long is leg going to hurt for?" I whispered.

She sighed, "I don't know. Maybe a week or two."

"So...what exactly is wrong with it?"

"His femur broke in half and as you saw, went through his skin. Caused major bleeding and required surgery. He has multiple muscle tears and a pulled muscle. He also had to get a lot of stitches."

"He's a trooper though. He did pass out once, but Dimitri was here at the time and caught him."

"What was he doing?"

"Coming back from the bathroom."

I nodded, "I see."

After a while, I decided to leave for a bit. Alaricas met me outside and drove me back to the mansion. I smiled as Amelia pulled me into a hug.

"How are you and idiot doing?" I asked.

"I heard that!" Eduardus yelled.

"Oh, we're doing fine! Found out my dad died in the fight."

I watched as Alaricas did a fist pump before paling and quickly walking away. Amelia laughed and shook her head.

"You're happy about that." I stated, raising an eyebrow.

She sighed, "I am. My mom can finally be with my biological father and not fear that my step-father will kill him."

"Wait...what?"

"My step-father forced my mom to marry him. My biological father, her true mate, saw her secretly behind my step-father's back. My brother is my half brother, but he loves my actual dad. He's closer to him than he was with my step-dad." She explained.

"Oh."

"I know, it's confusing. Long story short, my step-father wasn't my mom's real mate."

"Got it." I laughed.

After talking to her for a bit, I walked to mine and Alaricas' room. I swung the door open to see Alaricas curled up under the covers. I quietly closed the door before sneaking over to the bed. I crawled under the covers and laid down, sighing at the comfort of the bed.

My smile grew when Alaricas wrapped an arm around me and pulled me against his body.

A/N: Yes, that is a pic of Cain in the hospital. Enjoy lol.