Chapter 43

I woke up to see Alaricas hanging off the bed, snoring away. I rolled my eyes before smirking. Quietly, I sneaked out of the bed and into the bathroom. I quickly filled a cup up with cold water, the whole time I was smiling.

I then poked my head out, grinning as I saw him still sleeping. I tip-toed over to his sleeping form, silently, I got ready to pour the water on him.

I shrieked when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and opened one eye.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He smirked.

I narrowed my eyes, "Fine. You ruined it."

He chuckled and sat up, "Sorry not sorry."

I pretended to glare at him, when I knew he wasn't paying attention, I poured the water on him. He froze, he didn't turn to face me and was oddly quiet.

My laughter died down when he slowly turned to face me, his eyes holding anger. I quickly dropped the cup before bolting out of the room.

"Jolene!" He yelled.

I made some sort of noise as I turned the corner, barreling into someone. I looked up to see a blond haired man staring at me in shock.

He chuckled before helping me up, "Sorry about that."

I laughed, "It's fine."

"Jolene!"

He raised an eyebrow, "How come the alpha is yelling your name? Did you piss him off?"

"Something like that." I whispered.

"Don't worry, he's a nice guy. He's not going to kill you."

I forced a smile, "Me and him have a past."

"Oh...you're the Luna...aren't you?" He questioned.

"That would be me."

I quickly said goodbye before rushing off, I could hear him yelling my name as I sprinted down the stairs.

I skidded to a halt and caught my breath, deciding to give up on the chase. I yelped in surprise when his arms wrapped around me and his deep chuckle reached my ears.

"Caught you." He murmured as he gently nipped my ear.

I laughed, "Ya scared me for a second."

"Sorry."

He turned me around and kissed me on the lips, "You don't need to worry about me hurting you. I will never hurt you, princess."

I nodded and hugged him, enjoying the feel of his arms wrapped around me. Our moment was ruined though, when a couple walked in.

"Alaricas?" The woman gasped.

I watched as tears pooled into her eyes, she took a step forward, but Alaricas quickly took a step back.

I almost fell over as large amounts of fear crashed into me. I glanced at Alaricas to see a terrified expression on his face.

"Son, it's fine. We're not going to hurt you." The man assured him.

Well, at least tried to assure him.

Alaricas took another step back, I could hear his heart slamming against his chest. I frowned at him and gently cupped his cheek.

"Hey, you're okay." I whispered.

He glanced at me, he relaxed a little, but was still extremely tense. His eyes shifted back to the couple whose eyes were filled with guilt.

"Hey, baby, we won't hurt you. I'm so sorry for what we did. We have an explanation though. I swear, it hurt us to hurt you." The woman murmured.

I clenched my jaw as my brain finally decided to work. They're his parents.