Chapter 13

"So, uh, where is he exactly?" Cain asked.

Eduardus frowned, he was silent for a moment. "He should be training right now, he tends to do that around this time. He has a specific schedule."

"Is he OCD or something?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I don't even know with him anymore."

We walked into the packhouse, sniffing the air for Jefferson's scent. I finally caught it and followed it to the dungeons, Cain and Eduardus followed closely.

I tried opening the door, but it was locked of course. I groaned and faced the two men standing behind me.

"Any ideas?" I asked.

Eduardus pursed his lips, "Maybe we should wait for him to come up?"

"But he could kill him! He was pissed when he left the hospital room."

Fine,then we'll try breaking down the door."

"Yes, while we're at it, we should say hello to him." Cain replied sarcastically.

Eduardus scowled at him, "Can you stop being an asshole?"

"What? I'm only using my common sense, you don't seem to have any."

"I do! It's the only thing we can do!"

"Will both of you shut it? You're giving me a headache with your bickering." I snapped.

They both glared at each other before looking at me. I sighed and leaned against the wall.

"We'll wait, I guess."

"You don't have another door leading to this place?" Cain asked.

Eduardus shook his head, "No, it was out father's idea."

"He's an idiot."

"No he isn't! If a criminal tried escaping then he or she would have one way out. We could easily catch him."

"If you had two doors then you just station guards there 24/7. I've been doing that and we caught every criminal that tried escaping." Cain smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "You two mates or something? You fight like a married couple."

Cain growled and narrowed his eyes, "I have a mate, you know that."

"It's called sarcasm, Cain. Sarcasm."

Eduardus smirked, "Look who's the idiot now."

"Your father is still an idiot and so are you."

"Asshole."

"Thank you."

I raised an eyebrow at them, how am I going to get Alaricas to safety with these two idiots?

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, "You both are idiots."

They went to say something when the dungeon door suddenly opened. We all looked over to see Jefferson walking out, his hands covered in blood once again. I growled and attacked him, quickly pinning him against the wall.

"Where is he?" I snarled.

He gulped, "I don't know who he is."

"Alaricas. I'm not stupid, Jefferson. I know he's down there." I seethed.

He smirked, "You're too late."

I growled and punched him across the face, "Cain, have fun with him. Make him beg for his death."

"You'll be no better than me!" He sneered.

I rolled my eyes, "Does it look like I care at this point?"

Cain smirked as he grabbed Jefferson, I heard the snapping of a bone and Jefferson scream as I walked into the dungeon.

Eduardus and I followed his scent through the maze of cells. When Alaricas' scent became stronger I started running faster. As we rounded a corner I skidded to a halt.

"Alaricas..."