Chapter Twenty Nine

Thanks for reading, enjoy :)

---

When I saw what was in that room my heart plummeted.

But not in any of the ways I was expecting.

What I saw was Summer... and Allie... and Ferret Girl. But Summer shockingly had the upper hand.

Allie had an angry look on her face, her body standing and poised as if she was ready to claw out Summers eyes. Ferret Girl was trembling (like the pathetic rodent she was) half protecting Allie and half looking like she was yearning to run. And Summer was as cool and calm as usual.

Even when she currently had a gun clasped in her hands.

They hadn't noticed me yet, still in a silent stare, but when I let out a large gasp at the sight of Summers weapon Allies gaze immediately snapped to my shocked figure. Her face rapidly changed, from crazed and livid to teary and scared.

"What the hell?" I asked dumbly, so confused I was barely able to form a complete sentence.

"Oh Lianna, save us!" Allie answered dramatically, making me inwardly roll my eyes. "Your girlfriend has gone crazy! We were innocently partying a-and she just pulled us both in here and attacked us!" Summer chuckled darkly at Allies fake story, making Ferret Girl flinch in terror.

"Let me rephrase that question..." I started slowly, totally unconvinced of Allies lie. "Summer, why the hell do you have them at gunpoint?" Allie started to answer until I glared at her harshly, making her go silent quickly. Summers eyes grew dark, anger glinting in her face.

"I was sleeping on my break. I didn't get much sleep yesterday and was having trouble working properly. I came in here to rest, at least before I was interrupted." she glared pointedly at Allie and the other girl (who's name I still did not know.) "These two tried sneaking into the breakroom, Allie talking in great detail about killing me and the little one listening, 'supportively.'" Her face crinkled in hate as she looked at them. "Luckily I am a light sleeper. So I got up and grabbed Pedro's gun and then called you."

"Pedro?" I said stupidly as I tried to process the story. It made Summer roll her eyes impatiently in response.

"Yes babe Pedro. the mustouched man who probably hit on you when you got in." I chuckled slightly before nodding in recognition. "He got involved with some bad people awhile ago, so to protect himself he hid this gun under the couch cushions." I nodded again, believing her immediately.

"Lianna!" A whiny voice called out, interrupting our conversation. "Are you going to save us now?" Allie asked impatiently, her eyes shining in pathetic idolization.

The Ferret just stared at me hatefully.

"Look," I started tiredly, motioning to Summer to put her gun down. She listened quickly, a bored look on her face. "No. I will not save you. Ever. Go home now." Allies face grew devastated before it contorted into a twisted fury.

"You!" She hissed hatefully, lunging at Summer. It was so sudden she didn't have time time to protect herself. With a sickening crashthey hit the floor, their limbs flailing in punches and kicks. Worry hit my gut and I ran, panicked to protect Summer. But before I could get there a hand yanked my hair back painfully making me fall roughly onto the floor.

"No way are you gettin involved!" The Ferret screamed, her tone crazed. Before I could react she punched me in the face, the force of it surprising me. Pain shot through my nose. But when the blood dripped onto my lips I snapped.

"You stupid Rodent!" I screamed loudly, tackling her to the floor. For awhile we stayed there, punching and kicking each other, the rage unbearable. Every so often I would check on Summer, worried about her. but whenever I tried to look I would get a punch in the face, forcing me to focus back in on the fight. As I was pulling her hair, trying to yank it out of her head, the clicking of a gun made me stop immediately, looking frantically towards the sound in terror.

Pedro stood at the door, casually leaning on the frame with the gun pointed in our direction. Allie and Summer had also stopped fighting, Summer sitting on top with her fist poised mid-air.

"Girl fighting is hot and all," Pedro started in his calm, deep voice. "But what the hell are you all fighting about?" Though he said it generally he was looking at Summer, silently asking for her answer. She pushed her messy hair out of her eyes and looked in his direction, still not getting off of Allie.

"These two psychos came in here threatening me and then when my girlfriend showed up they attacked us." She said simply motioning to me. His face dropped when he saw who it was a curse leaving his mouth.

"Damn, you're her girlfriend?" I nodded calmly, strangely not concerned at the exposure of our secret. "So that phone number was...?"

"Her brothers." I snickered, motioning to Summer. She smirked with me.

"Well is he hot?" Pedro asked thoughtfully tbe gun still pointed but seemingly forgotten in his hand.

"What the hell, I thought you were perverted and very straight?" Summer asked bemusedly, surprise on her face.

"What? A straight guy can't appreciate attractive human beings?" He asked, humorous offense in his tone. Summer was about to answer, when yet again an annoying voice cut everything off.

"Sir we are innocent, so if you could please let us go..." Allie asked flirtily, making me gag. but Pedro just laughed, his loud guffaws deafening in the small room.

"Yeah suuurree." He said sarcastically before ignoring her completely. "Summer come here." She shrugged and got off of Allie, ignoring her muderous gaze. "Take my phone out of my locker and call the cops. I'll keep them here." He said in an intimidating tone, cocking the gun for added effect. I rolled my eyes at his theatrics, getting off of Ferret girl and dusting off my blood sptged pants.

"B-but, they are lying! Liannnaa! Don't let this happen to-"

"Enough." Ferret Girl said, cutting off Allies shrieking. She had a surprisingly sad expression on her feet. "Allie I do all these things for you but you still treat me like shit. Just stop. STOP EVERYTHING." Confusion ran over Allies face at her words.

"But I thought you wanted to help I thought you hated-" Ferret interrupted, devestation in her voice.

"Yeah I do hate Lianna, I hate her because I love you." Allies mouth gaped open in shock, her eyes wide and confused. It was at that point that Summer ran back in the room, throwing a cheap looking cell phone on the table.

"The cops are on their way." She said simply, warily staring at Allie. But Allie was numb, frozen from shock. And this is how we stayed until the cops came. Pedro holding his gun with a bored expression, me and Summer watching our captives carefully, Allie never moving and Ferret girl crying quietly behind her hands.

---

I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket, taking a big puff before the calm finally set in. The bright fluorescent light of the police station glowed behind me, making my head ache. After being questioned by the police I had escaped outside for a much needed smoke. I didn't know what was going to happen to Allie and Felicia (which I had finally learned was Ferret Girls actual name.) But they were going to have to stay the night in the station until their punishment was decided. So we at least got some peace of mind.

And now I was just waiting for the next drama of the night.

Because Ronald was on his way.

And he was going to know.

Because my parents were nowhere to be found, Summers parents didn't know she was out of the house, and Caden couldn't drive, Ronald was the only person able to pick us up. So Summer called him, conveniently leaving me out of the story.

And when he saw he was going to be furious.

With that thought I took another long drag of smoke, trying to calm my brain. when two delicate hands wrapped around my waist I tensed at first, then quickly relaxed at the familiar smell of lavender.

"Hey." I said quietly, honestly quite relieved to see her. She sat down beside me, taking my free hand in hers. She then pulled my cigarette to her lips, taking her own drag. I smirked at her actions.

"You know smoking kills right?" I teased, making her chuckle.

"Yeah, I do." She then leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm-uh glad you're ok." I said awkwardly, not used to showing emotion.

She laughed at my face, hugging me tighter. "Back at you." I smiled at her and then we just sat. Even when we saw the familiar shape of her brothers vehicle driving up the road towards the station.

---

Thanks for reading :) vote and comment if you please!