Chapter Ten

So if guys read this chapter previously and it was different than it is now I'm really sorry! If you read my authors note it explains why. So if you see anything that needs adding or fixing from before please, please, please let me know!

So whether you are reading it for the second time, or if this is your first time, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

--------

My Saturday started off terribly. I was sleeping peacefully when a large shrieking sound pulled me out of sleep. I opened my eyes slowly and groaned in irritation at what I saw. My mother was tapping her foot impatiently, running her long, perfectly manicured nails through her hair. The hair that was so fakely blonde that it was blinding me this early in the morning. But even with my poor morning eyesight I could still see that her makeup was already perfect, her mascara caked on and so thick her eyelashes hung in large, unseperated clumps.

Oh and all this was just for her aerobics class. I rolled my eyes at her before closing them again, easily ignoring her for the option of sleep. I almost suceeded before another unnatural sound tore through my room.

"Lillandra! Did you hear me?" She exclaimed shrilly, her arms firmly crossed. I rolled my face down into my pillow, annoyed at her prescence.

"No I didn't," I mumbled grumpily, my voice husky from sleep, "because Lillandra is not here, that is not my name." I couldn't see her face, my pillow still smothering my vision, but I could almost feel the aggravation emitting off of her. It made me grin a little.

"What did you say?" She asked, clearly angry. Then all of a sudden a cold breeze was hitting my skin, making me shiver and groan angrily. I turned my body and saw the very cause of my discomfort. My mother was holding my blankets in her fragile arms, a cold, disturbingly white smile on her face. I glared at her severely, too irratated to form whole, appropriate sentences.

"It's too late in the day for girls of your caliber to be sleeping." She said snidely before dropping my blankets on the ground at her feet and moving forward to make herself comfortable on my now bare bed. My eyes widened in disbelief as they glanced at the clock. I then glared at her with frustration clear in my words and answered her more classily than I honestly thought I would....

"Mom, it's fucking 6:00 a.m. On a Saturday! How in the hell is it too early?"

...see, classy. But still she was unfazed, shrugging her shoulders while examining her nails.

"See way too late! When I was your age I-" I cut her off with a shriek of frustration, wanting her to get to the point so I wouldn't have to deal with her any longer.

"Mom," I stated coldly, "Get to the point. Because I know for a fact that you bothering me isn't for 'family' bonding time." She rolled her eyes at my anger.

"So hostile, god knows how you are my daughter." She re-pasted the fake smile on her face, making me roll my eyes.she dramatically paused before talking, genuine excitement actually seeping through her fake exterior. But it just made me more fearful.

"Do you remember the Mcfarlands?" She asked, waiting expectantly for the positive response she assumed was coming. She should know by now she was wrong as an evil grin spread across my face. I adopted a cheery tone catching her off gaurd.

"Of course I do..." She smiled, waiting for me to continue. "The horse toothed child and the snobby asses he calls his parents right?" I smiled as big as I could as her face dropped, twisting into a sort of distorted expression. I leaned forward, still keeping my actions mockingly excited. "I've always wanted a pet horse." The hate started to show in her eyes before she covered it, replacing it with the false coldness I was so used to seeing. She ignored my comment before continuing.

"Well anyway, Ronald Mcfarland is just the sweetest boy and he just got out of a bad relationship so I just thought..." She started cheerfully, dreamily looking into the distance as if picturing his 'handsome' face.

Ew.

I couldn't believe her. Disbelief and rage ran through my veins, clouding my vision a shade of red. This was unacceptable. When she started talking about the great partnership our families business could have, if only I would be less selfish, is exactly when I snapped.

"Selfish? Selfish? You think I am selfish?" I yelled, disbelief heavy in my voice. I was so angry I didn't even wait for a response. "You are the one who wants me to go out with a boy simply because of business partnership! You fucking hypocrite!" My knuckles started to ache from being clenched so tightly. My mothers face seemed impassive. But her eyes betrayed her, showing a small bit of fear at my anger. This fact both surprised me and gave me malicious motivation to keep going.

"Honestly, I wouldn't go out with Ronald Mcfarland if he was the last person on earth. Not just because of his horse teeth but also because of the small fact that I don't like dick!" I paused taking pleasure in the horrified look on her face before giving her a mocking smirk and continuing in a more even tone. "Mother I'm a lesbian for crying out loud! I've told you this so many times! I don't and will never like boys." I slowed my tone, enunciating my words like I was talking to a kindergardner. "I-like-girls." I watched her facial expression, keeping my face impassive while waiting for her shrill whine. But surpringly it never did. I watched, hurt running through my body as the most hateful look I'd ever seen aimed at anyone, grew on my own mothers face. She pinched her lips together sharply, her expression making her look older. And even more cruel. She then rose from my bed, walking towards the door stiffly. Right before she exited she turned back towards me, that same look on her face.

"Not in this house you don't." She said hatefully, making my heart break slightly. "Any daughter of mine that likes girls is not my daughter." She then abruptly turned back towards the door and called over her shoulder back at me. "Change your attitudes, or get out." She then finally left my room, slamming the door in the process. And only then, when she was completely out of sight, did I let the tears I had been holding back pour down my face.

----

After about an hour I was able to pull myself out of bed, my eyes red and puffy. I pulled on a beanie, jeans and a black Guns and Roses t-shirt, not even bothering to brush my hair before heading downstairs. I grabbed my leather jacket, preparing to leave the house when an angry Spanish voice interrupted me. Rosa was standing in the door frame, clucking her tongue at me like she was reprimanding a child. I smiled a little before rolling my eyes at her, her friendly face a welcome scene.

Rosa had been our housekeeper since I was ten years old. She treated me like a daughter, protecting me and caring for me whenever my parents were not there. Which honestly was quite a lot. She had a sweet round face, framed by black unruly curls, and a small plump frame making her look as friendly as she truly was.

"Lianna," she said warningly, her voice part serious and part joking. "Where do you think you are going without breakfast?" I shrugged my shoulders, knowing it was pointless to argue. Though sweet, Rosa was one of the most stubborn people I know. "Your skinny body needs nourishment!" She said, pointing her finger towards my small frame.

"Rosa!" I whined in an immature tone. "I tried, I really did, but all that was there was my Mom and Dads diet shit." She wagged her finger bemusedly at my bad language, trying not to laugh while reprinanding me.

"Language young lady." She then got a smug look on her face, making me smile. "Lianna dear, you should know me better than that." She then led me to the kitchen, walking us into a pantry. I grinned. This was always where Rosa hid things. Things that my parents would not approve of but were important to a childs development. Like actual food. She reached way in the back, brushing away my Dads dusty old boxes of protein shakes with a disgusted look before taking out a cereal box. I almost squealed when I saw it.

"My favorite." I said happily while looking lovingly at the Cocoa Pops Rosa held in her hands. I hugged her tightly, yelling thanks into her ears. And then I hugged the only true, actual member of my family.

----

Thanks, vote and comment if you please :)