Chapter Two

Thanks for reading, enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My math teacher droned on as i doodled on my binder, both earphones in my ears and cranked up to full volume. The truth is, I'm secretly really good at math. The need to pay attention is limited because I don't really need it. The slamming of the classroom interrupted my lack of activity. As I looked up I gasped quietly, cursing mentally standing in front of Mrs. Stern, her arms crossed and her mouth in a hot grimace was Summer.

I finally noticed, after checking Summer out for awhile, the heavy smell of pot in the air, and the dark expressions on both their faces. I took out my head phones and immediately cringed at the noise. Ms. Stern was glaring angrily, her dull gray eyes light with a fire rarely seen in her fragile body. She was yelling, waving her bony finger in Summers face and lecturing her. All the while Summer stood their calmly, smirking bemusedly at Ms. Sterns display.

"Ms. Haze!" Ms. Stern shrieked, a few pieces of hair coming out of her tight bun from the exaggeration. "How dare you come to my class late, loudly slam the door and then just saunter in like it was nothing!" She pursed her lips even more making her look like a skeleton. "And that smell!" She waved her hands toward Summer, trying to push the smoke away from herself. "How dare you do that! I will not tolerate it! It is completely-" I then tuned her out and turned to look at Summer, movement capturing my attention.

With a devilish smirk on her face she reached into her pocket slyly, not deterring Ms. Stern from her overly exaggerated speech. With a flick of her thumb I saw what she was doing. She was lighting a joint. The class became silent as Ms. Stern noticed , her face turning a concerning shade of purple. She sucked in a tight breath and opened her mouth.

"Get out." She said coldly, glaring stonily. Summer still didn't move, still keeping that ever present smirk on her face. "GET OUT!" Ms. Stern screamed, pointing sharply at the door Finally with a small bow to the class and no words Summer turned and sauntered out the door, slamming it again in the process.

Well Summer Haze... is badass?

It didn't seem to fit. I rolled it around in my head trying to make sense of the situation. She was different, and it was kind of hot. Bad ass. I repeated it in my head and thought about it when i heard the class laughing. Pushing myself out of my thoughts, I looked around the room and immediately became confused. Ms. Stern was glaring again, except this time at me.

"What?" I snapped irritably, feeling my headache come back. "Apparently you found Ms. Hazes display very amusing, considering you felt your need to vocalize your opinion." She crossed her arms pointedly. Damn. I must have commented on Summer out loud. She didn't have to point it out so rudely though, the cow.

"Out," she said with a weary sigh, weak from her overloaded emotions. Oops, must have said that out loud too. With an eye roll I picked up my materials and then walked stiffly out of the room. Once in the hallway I walked to the back staircase. It was in the most isolated area of the school and all the students used it to smoke or make out, considering it was safe from teacher monitoring.

When i got there i sat on a step, pulling a pack of cigarettes from my pocket and searching through my bag for a lighter. I cursed under my breath as i pictured my small silver light, shiny inviting and on stuffed, hidden in a pair of old boots at home.

"Need a light?" A voice called, smooth and hypnotizing in its tone. I turned my head toward the voice, desperate for a puff of smoke. When my eyes got to the unknown person I cursed inwardly, my heart skipping heavily in my chest. There, perched precariously on top of the stair rail, her feet dangling in the open air was Summer Haze. She smirked at me and took another puff of the joint that was still clutched in her hand. "Lianna, Lianna, Lianna..." She drawled, inspecting her nails calmly. "I think we have to have a little talk, don't we?" She then hopped off the railing and started toward me, leaving me paralyzed in place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE and COMMENT please!