Chapter Eleven

After Rosa finally let me leave the house I got on my black motorcycle and sped to my favorite coffee shop. I had a small caffeine addiction so I came here at least three times a week. The bells chimed as I swung open the door, the warm, cozy atmosphere immediately effecting me. It was only seven thirty, so the shop was empty, all customers probably sleeping in on their days off.

The lucky bastards.

I walked up to the counter, grinning widely as I saw who was working there. Liam waved at me warmly, starting to make my order before I even asked for it. As he waited for the machine to warm he lazily leaned across the counter, wanting to talk to fill the gap of his lack of customers.

"Hey Lia." He sang brightly, tapping my nose lightly. "How is my favorite customer today?" I smiled, already in a better mood with my caffeine on the way and Liams attitude. One of the best things about Liam was his sunny disposition. He was always happy. No matter when I came in or what he was doing he was never in a bad mood. It was a refreshing change in contrast to my usual moods. When I first met him, it definately wasn't what I expected.

At first judgement he actually looked quite dark. Liam had dark black hair, dyed with rainbow streaks. He was also adorned with so much metal he would be an airport securities nightmare. Piercings decorated his eyebrow, nose, ears, lip, and apparently (according to him) his belly button. Yet regardless of his appearance he was one of the best people I knew, and part of the reason I loved this coffee shop so much. Finally he grabbed my finished coffee and handed it to me across the counter, making me grin as i noticed his sparkly black nail polish. Noticing my glance he smiled back, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"It's a sunny color," he said easily, laughing at himself happily. "Plus I had to have something to scare the old ladies that come in this shop with, have to make my job more interesting somehow." I laughed back and we chatted for awhile before he had more customers. I waved and walked to a table, not ready to go home quite yet. I opened my bag and pulled out my favorite book, smiling as the fluent words of Romeo and Juliet went familiarly in my mind. After about ten minutes a cocky voice distracted me from my book. I gently marked the page by folding the corner and rolled my eyes mentally as I looked up.

A boy was standing there, muscular and tanned with a cocky smirk and irritatingly confident posture. He stuck his hands in his pockets and grinned at me, his white teeth flashing.

"Hey," he said simply, making me raise my eyebrow in caution.

"Hey?" I responded in a bored tone, trying to make him go away. His mouth simply twitched in humor, as he motioned to my empty seat.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked cockily, as if I would say yes. I grinned, amused at his over-confidence. He would be a fun one to crush.

"Do I mind if I get shot in the face?" I said sarcastically, while gesturing to the marked book in my hands. He smirked and plunked himself in the seat, making me annoyed.

"I don't know what you are into, you could get turned on by some strange stuff." He drawled, grinning at my annoyance. I narrowed my eyes at him, just wanting him to leave. I turned toward the counter, seeing Liam looking at me, concerned. I grinned softly at his caring and gave him a reassuring glance, telling him I was ok. He nodded, relieved and got back to serving his customer. I turned back to the guy at my table and saw him looking at Liam, an annoyed expression on his face. I glared at him slightly and snapped my fingers in front of his face, removing his gaze from my friend.

"Your boyfriend?" He asked coldly while cocking his eyebrow. I burst into laughter, giggling until my sides hurt until it finally subsided, tears starting to form in my eyes. The guy looked slightly insulted and... relieved?