Chapter Eighteen

Enjoy, and thanks for reading :)

---

On Monday morning I couldn't keep the goofy smile off my face.

Summer was mine.

As complicated and terrifying as it was it made me happy. When I felt two delicate hands on my eyes my smile grew even wider and without even looking at her I dragged her into an empty classroom. I pushed her into a wall and turned to face her before recoiling immediately.

"Well I like this game." Allie smirked, pulling herself towards me. I stepped back, uncomfortable with my mistake.

"I thought you were someone else." I muttered, aggravation in my tone. I turned to walk out the door when a tiny blonde object whirled in front of me, blocking the door. Annoyance filled my head, as I glared at her to move. But she simply ignored my stare, not moving an inch.

"I haven't seen you in a long time." She accused, her voice cold. I shrugged casually, not really affected by her words.

"I've been busy." I stated making a move to leave the classroom. But she stepped with me, not leaving any space for an exit.

"Too busy for your best friend!?" She asked her voice starting to grow louder with every word. I didn't even get to respond, her too caught up in her rant to stop it. "And where have you been? I've called, left countless messages, sent notes in your locker, even baked you heart shaped cookies, and this is what I get?" Her voice hurt my ears now, so loud and shrill my eardrums protested heavily. But she still wasn't finished.

"I am your best friend! I have the liscense to know where you are all the time! What if you're in trouble and can't call me to come help you!" I scoffed at this, amused at her words.

"Oh yes because obviously your five foot frame would be so intimidating."

"But I love you! We are soul mates and I have the right!" She shrieked, deafeningly loud, as she hurtled her bony fist forward. I flinched, preparing myself for the pain, sighing mentally in relief when her hand connected beside my head with the locker. A loud clang resounded through the room, making her grin smugly. At this point I realized how twisted she looked.

Her eyes were wide and crazed, staring possessively at my face. Her mouth was positioned into a sneer, her lips tense and white. But I wasn't scared, I was just genuinely disappointed.

This wasn't my best friend, but it was the real Allie, the Allie that had been hiding for years. And she was definately no longer my friend.

I tried to peel her off of me, making her fingers tighten around my biceps. I glared sadly at her, making her eyes soften a little. Not with guilt but with longing.

"Allie let me go, I'm not yours." She started to cry, insistent on her possession.

"Yes you are! You're my soulmate!" She whined like a child, the sound making pity run through my system.

"No I'm not." I used her sudden weakness to pry her off me, leaving her standing, lost, in front of me. "Allie you can never have me." I watched her expression carefully, gauging the effect of my words. I thought I was getting through to her, so I started to walk towards the door. But an anger-filled scream made me stop in my tracks. I didn't even turn around, not wanting to see her expression.

"I destroyed her once, I will do it again." She threatened in a surprisingly calm voice. But the underlying threat was still there. That threat alone made me spin back towards her and press her against the wall, my hand on her throat. She smirked mockingly as I tried to regain my composure.

"You touch her I'll hurt you," I started, daggers in my tone. "You're not my best friend anymore, I won't have any trouble." She just raised her hand and stroked my cheek, making me drop her and step away in disgust. She laughed without humor, the sound chilling.

"Don't worry babe, I know that bitch has just momentarily hypnotized you. I will destroy her and everything will be as it was." I shook my head, denying her assumptions.

"No Summer is not the same person. You cannot hurt her any longer. She is the one I want, not an obsessive stalker like you." She just adopted an infuriating smile and shrugged, starting to walk to the door.

"I guess we will see about that." She said lightly, before leaving the room. I stood in shock for a few minutes, disbelief and anger running through my head, before leaving the room and storming down the hallway. I ran outside, heavily breathing in the calm of the fresh air.

I yanked out my pack of cigarettes desperately, lightling one and taking a deep puff before sinking on the grass.

I had to protect her.

I would not leave her alone this time.

---

Vote and comment if you please!