Chapter Five

I would not answer her calls. My phone buzzed endlessly, flashing constantly to remind me of her efforts. It was up to sixteen texts and five calls. But I thought of that look in her eyes and the lies she told me- and the phone went back in my pocket. I groaned inwardly as the bell rang loudly, reminding me of something important.

I had art class first period. Usually art was my favorite subject (I had more paint splattered on my current jeans than my canvas) but it was my only class with Allie; and she sat beside me. My time for ignoring her was over, and I had to deal with her wrath. I rolled my eyes as I realized that thought. My best friend had quite a flair for the dramatics. Sketchbook in my arms and headphones tucked snugly in my ears, I walked slowly to class. I was already fifteen minutes late, so what was another five minutes? When I got to class I looked quietly inside, secretly in shock when I saw Allies seat. Pristine and blue it was as blank as my current respect for her.

So needless to say she wasn't here. I smiled widely and strolled into the room, ignoring the glares radiating from Ms. Coleman, my art teacher. I sunk loudly in my seat making a few peoples heads turn and then quickly snap away when they noticed me stare back at them. Relief flooded through my system as I pulled out my sketchpad and turned up my music, blocking out the droning teacher. I was halfway through my work when I heard a faint murmuring coming from my headphones. I tapped them quizzically, and then inspected my ipod. When I found both intact I squinted and fidgeted with my Ipod, shaking it vigorously to try and get it to work.

In the middle of my fiddling a hand crashed down on to my page, making my pencil fly off the desk and end up somewhere on the other side of the room. As I glanced upwards I started to chuckle, because standing there was Ms. Coleman, her face pressed into a stony line and as red as a tomato.

She motioned to my ears, signalling the removal of my headphones. Slowly I removed them and cocked my head towards her waiting for why she was distracting me from my important time. The class was still tittering in the background from her frustration. She glared at me awhile more, her face slowly returning to it's normal rosy red, and then finally huffed and dropped her hands from my desk.

"The office needs to see you," she grumbled, returning to the front of the room and muttering to herself before she resumed teaching the class. I snickered to myself as I picked up my supplies and left the room, sauntering towards the office. The office door was wide open, the ugly, school color matched, cherry red carpeting sticking out like a sore thumb against the fluorescent lighting. I walked inside and felt the hot out pulse of the heater, still on high. Even in August. I moved toward the front desk, prepared to deal with the grumpy secretary.

She was typing rapidly, her stringy gray hair pulled back in a tight bun and her sweater buttoned tightly all the way to the last button. She was obviously a fun individual. I grimaced at her and after one glance towards me she turned back towards her computer, the ever-present frown on her face.

"The principal doesn't need you today," she droned, her voice monotone.

"But Ms. Cole-" I started, irritated at her attitude. She just clacked her nails dismissively at me, continuing her typing. With an unconcerned shrug I headed out of the office and down the hallway with no intention of returning to class. The halls were empty, making me shudder in nerves. I tugged my leather jacket tighter around my body, now chilled from the lack of people. I passed a single janitors closet, it's letters half peeling and broken. The door was slightly askew, making me walk faster. With a crash the door swung open, and a hand with a set of black nails grasped my wrist, pulling me harshly into the dim light of the closet.

All I could hear was our breathing, the heavy pants rhythmically beating together in the confined space. My eyes slowly met her face and both relief and panic entered my system. Because her pretty face was staring right back at me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whos the sexy unknown? Comment your guess at the bottom.

Thanks, and vote and comment!