Chapter Four

This chapter has nothing steamy, ha-ha sorry. But I promise if you stick with it THERE WILL BE MORE. Anyway, thanks for reading...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took my time in the school library after it ended, spending an hour and a half scanning the shelves for a promising novel. After finally finding one I started my way out of the school, my feet echoing against the empty floors. I shivered involuntarily, the lack of people making me feel nervous. As I was about to turn a corner I heard voices. I hid against the wall and stuck my neck out, straining to hear their heated conversation. Shock ran through my system as I saw Allie.

She was leaning toward a small freshman, glaring slightly and towering over the short girl. The girl was petite and unconventionally pretty, her small nose and sharp cheekbones making her look slightly similar to a ferret. However her bright blue eyes and wispy blond hair created a combination that was ultimately attractive. Ferret girl was standing straight, glaring right back at Allie with her arms crossed, though shaking slightly to exhibit her hidden fear.

It made me impressed though, watching her face Allie and not cowering from her harsh gaze. They were both arguing heatedly, only allowing me to hear limited words as their fighting started to increase in volume.

"Look, I can't do this anymore." Ferret girl started staring darkly at Allie. "I hate feeling like this all the time. It's unfair that you treat me like this." She broke her gaze with Allie, glaring angrily at the ground instead. "I can't feel this way and keep it a secret anymore." She took her fist and punched the locker, angry tears running down her face. Allie rolled her eyes and grabbed the girl's small chin, yanking it roughly towards her.

"Look," Allie started menacingly, a sneer on her pretty face. "You will not tell anyone." She smirked patronizingly, mockingly and it made my heart sink in disappointment. "If you tell, this stops." She pointedly looked at their bodies, now strategically pressed together. "And you wouldn't want that to happen would you?" The young girl tried to resist, but her resolve was clearly weakening. And then something I never thought would happen happened.

Allie kissed Ferret girl. I turned away, ashamed and shocked with the identity of my best friend and her behavior. Allie was gay? I heard a sigh and looked back to see the girl lightly caressing Allies face, the look of love seeping out of her making my heart break for her. Because Allie was smiling but heavily holding a look of falseness. In her eyes was an evil glint that I had only seen in certain moments with her. I was a player, but I would never play with a girl's true love for me. The ones I chose were toys, infatuated with me yes, but not in love. But Ferret girl, I could see the feeling in her eyes. And it was Allies fault she was going to get hurt. Because the only time I had seen that look on Allies face, was when she was lying to get what she wanted. Upset I turned and left the school, trying to get away from the two strangers behind me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short but I promise the next one will be longer. Thanks for reading and vote and comment please!